39.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weki Meki had the evening off, but due to their partners being out on tour, Rina and Suyeon were sitting in the common room watching TV. Suddenly the doorbell rang; Suyeon jumped up to answer the door.

"Jeongyeon!" she exclaimed in surprise.

"Hi!" Jeongyeon said. "Is Rina here?"

"Here I am!" Rina said, popping out from behind Suyeon. "I thought you were in Japan?" She ushered Jeongyeon into the apartment and shut the door behind them.

"We were supposed to be," Jeongyeon said, "but our flight got rescheduled at the last minute and so. . . here I am!"

"I've got to go take care of some things in my room," Suyeon said, waving to Rina and Jeongyeon and heading for her room. "Have a good visit!"

As soon as she heard Suyeon's door click shut, Rina launched herself at Jeongyeon, showering her with kisses. Once they finally came up for air, Rina asked "Do people know you're here? Won't you get in trouble?"

Jeongyeon shook her head. "Remember when we used Chaeyoung's hoodie to smuggle you through the studio and onto the bus? Well, right now Chaeyoung is using my hoodie to smuggle her boyfriend onto the bus and then into the dorm."

Rina frowned as she led Jeongyeon over to the couch and sat down with her. "You'd think that as long as it's been since your debut and as successful as you've been, JYP would let you have more freedom than they do."

Jeongyeon shook her head. "If anything, they've watched us more closely the more successful we've been. I think they're terrified that one of us will get pregnant."

Rina gasped, her eyes huge. "We should have been using protection, shouldn't we? What if I knock you up?"

"I think we'll be okay," Jeongyeon said with a laugh, which Rina soon joined in. "Seriously, though," Jeonyeon said once they'd stopped laughing, "Dahyun's the one they really need to be concerned about."

"Really?" Rina asked, tilting her head to the side. "But she seems so. . . wholesome."

"That's the image she puts forward," Jeongyeon said, "because she was raised in a religious family and she wants to stay on their good side. But in reality, once she got to Seoul. . ." Jeongyeon paused for a moment, trying to figure out the best way to say this. "Let's just say that it's been educational, some of the things I've walked in on Dahyun doing with people."

Rina's jaw dropped as she tried to process this new piece of information. Jeongyeon burst out laughing at her. "If you could see the look on your face right now!" She stood up and held out her hand to Rina. "Come on," she said, "It's my first time at your apartment. Show me around."

"That won't take long," Rina said as she took Jeongyeon's hand and stood up. "The common room here takes up about half the apartment." She then led Jeongyeon through the kitchen, then pointed out the doors to the bathroom and the small bedroom, then stopped outside the door to the big bedroom. "And here's the door to my bedroom," she said as she ended the tour.

"Ooohhh," Jeongyeon exclaimed, "the mysterious Rina's bedroom!"

Rina blushed. "It's not as exciting as all that," she said. "Remember, I share a room with four of my members."

"Still," Jeongyeon said, nudging Rina toward the door, "I want to see it. I want to see if I can guess which bed is yours."

"Okay," Rina said, "but don't blame me if it totally blows your image of me."

Jeongyeon scoffed. "Like that could happen. I've always thought you were awesome."

Rina's blush deepened, and she turned and led Jeongyeon into the room. "Well, here it is," she said, encompassing the whole room with a wave of her arm.

Jeongyeon shut the door behind herself and slowly walked into the center of the room and looked around. "Well," she said, making a show of examining all the beds, "I know you're afraid of heights, so that rules out all the top bunks right away." She looked over at Lua's bed. "And I know you wouldn't leave your bed that messy," she said. "I mean, the time you came over to my room, you left the bed neater than it was when you came in."

Rina had almost stopped blushing, but now she started again.

Jeongyeon smiled impishly at her, then turned to face Elly's bed. "This bed is neat enough, but that pattern is just so not you, which leaves. . ." She turned to Rina's bed. "This one!" She sat down on Rina's bed and her hand over the satin sheets. "Such nice sheets, but you've never had me over. Should I be worried?"

Rina rushed across the room and practically tackled Jeongyeon in her eagerness. Jeongyeon wrapped her arms around Rina and started kissing her. "Now," Jeongyeon said, leaning her forehead against Rina's, "I showed you what I wear to sleep in. Why don't you show me what you wear?"

Rina wished she had something more exciting to show Jeongyeon than a long T-shirt and her regular underwear, but she had to trust that because she would be in it, it would be enough to satisfy Jeongyeon.

Elly and K.Will had just finished a round of miniature golf and were in his car on their way to dinner.

"So tell me," he said as he navigated the Seoul traffic with a nonchalance that always made Elly kind of nervous, "now that Suyeon has a new boyfriend, has your manager come up with plans to find boyfriends for Yoojung and Doyeon?"

Elly laughed. "I imagine she probably has," she said, "but she certainly hasn't shared them with me."

K.Will shook his head as he changed lanes and exited the freeway. "You're certainly going to have a tough time keeping all your members in the closet."

Elly agreed. "We certainly are. I think Lucy's going to be the hardest to keep hidden. She's still a couple of years away from having to find a 'boyfriend,' and she flies into an incoherent rage anytime anyone mentions it."

"That's certainly understandable," K.Will said as he changed lanes. "Imagine if you had to pretend to be gay every time you were out in public. Then imagine you had to take that pretense so far as to get a girlfriend to act gay with in public. I think you'd be pissed off too. I think Korea could use more pissed-off young people like Lucy."

Elly smiled over at K.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter