20.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been almost a week since the gossip mag had linked a member of Weki Meki to K.Will. They all thought it had blown over until Manager-nim came and took Suyeon out of dance practice for a talk. None of the members knew what to make of this - whatever was going on, Manager-nim didn't look angry. In fact, if Suyeon hadn't known better, she'd have thought that Manager-nim actually looked happy. In a way, this was scarier than anger would have been.

Manager-nim escorted Suyeon to her office, had Suyeon sit down in one of the guest chairs, and gave Suyeon a bottle of water from the mini fridge before sitting down in her own chair behind her desk.

"Suyeon-ah," Manager-nim said, her joy infusing her voice with an unusual warmth, "you were clever when I called you in the other day - you were able to slip one past me. I asked if any of your members were dating K.Will and you said 'no.' And you weren't lying because you were the one dating K.Will and I didn't ask about you."

Suyeon's mouth dropped open in surprise. She stared silently as Manager-nim opened a file folder on the desk in front of her and held up a picture of Suyeon and K.Will walking down a street together. It was a fake, but a very good one - it probably could have fooled any of her members, and it made Suyeon doubt her own memories.

After holding the photo silently for a moment, Manager-nim went on.  "Fortunately, my bosses and K.Will's managers agree with me that you and K.Will make a good couple and that your relationshop will help both of your careers. That's why you and I are going to the airport this afternoon - so we can get some  pictures of you greeting him upon his return from Japan, which will be published tomorrow as we announce your relationship to the world."

Suyeon was opening and closing , but no words were coming out. She didn't have any idea what she'd say about this ridiculous situation, anyway, so it was probably a good think that she was temporarily speechless.

Manager-nim was still talking ."If it had been any other member of Weki Meki, that girl would have been given an opportunity to resign from the group, but my bosses agree with me that you're mature enough to handle this situation. Congratulations."

Suyeon stalled for time by taking a drink of water. Fortunately, the right words came to her as she drank. "Thank you, Manager-nim! I was afraid I would have to break up with him. Thank you for your trust in me, and I apologize for breaking the rules!" She stood up and bowed to Manager-nim.

"Fortunately," Manager-nim said with a chuckle, "it worked out to your advantage this time, but don't make a habit of it."

Manager-nim stood up and gathered her coat and purse. "Let's go," she said. "We've got just enough to time to pass by your apartment so you can shower and dress for the airport."

 

 

Fifteen minutes later, Suyeon was dressed in a black turtleneck, jeans, and a pair of Doyeon's black boots, riding shotgun in the van on her way to meet her "boyfriend" at the airport. While Manager-nim's attention was occupied by the afternoon traffic, Suyeon pulled out her phone and texted Elly about the situation, asking her to pass the word on to K.Will so he'd be ready to play his part. Elly responded saying she'd send the text, but reminded Suyeon that K.Will would have to have his phone turned off until the plane landed. By this time, Manager-nim was pulling the van into the parking garage at Incheon International Airport. After shutting off the van, Manager-nim reached into her briefcase and pulled out a piece of cardboard, which she handed to Suyeon. Suyeon turned it over and saw that it was a handmade-looking sign with K.Will's name and a scattering of hearts and flowers. "It looks like exactly the sort of thing that I'd make if I was meeting my boyfriend at the airport," Suyeon thought to herself, realizing that it was supposed to look like that. 

Mana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter