23.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weki Meki were crowded in the backstage area, along with all the other bands promoting on Inkigayo that day. They were standing next to TXT, and Suyeon couldn't help overhearing a couple of the TXT members talking. As they were riding in the van back to the dorm, Suyeon told Elly what she had overheard. "Soobin and Beomgyu were talking, and I guess they thought we wouldn't hear them, because they were talking about us. Beomgyu asked Soobin 'If you could date any member of Weki Meki, who would you pick?' and Soobin's response was 'Suyeon, absolutely, no question.'"

"That should make you feel good," Elly said. "Why do you seem distressed by this?"

"Because of the next thing Beomgyu said: 'Yeah, but she's dating K.Will, so you're just out of luck - no one's got enough game to steal a girlfriend from K.Will.'"

"He's right, you know," Elly said. 

Suddenly, Suyeon's eyes lit up and her whole face brightened as she smiled. "That's it!"

"What's it?" Elly asked cautiously.

"If someone were to steal me away from K.Will, he'd get all kinds of sympathy points for being the dumpee, everyone except the K.Will stans would forgive me, because I'd be ending up with someone closer to my own age, and you'd get to play the heroine by comforting him in his hour of need."

Elly paused for a moment as she tried to take in all of this. Finally she started shaking her head. "No, Suyeon, no. It would never work. It's a bad plan."

Suyeon looked injured. "What's wrong with it?"

Elly started counting on her fingers. "One: No guy's even gonna try to steal you away from K.Will. Two: You're vastly underestimating the amount of hate you'd get from the K.Will stans. Three: Manager-nim has already said she wouldn't be okay with me dating K.Will. Four. . . do I need to go on?"

Suyeon crossed her arms and flounced back in her seat, pouting. "Fine. Will you at least run it by K.Will and see what he says?"

Recognizing that there was only one way she was going to get any peace where this plan is concerned, Elly agreed to discuss it with K.Will.

 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the van, Rina and Lua were talking. 

"You seem really down," Rina was saying. "What's wrong?"

Lua sighed and slouched down further in her seat. "I just miss Jennie. I haven't seen her for a couple of months now - she wasn't even at the Twice premiere a couple of weeks ago - and now that Blackpink have a big song with Lady Gaga, there's a good chance they'll be going on a world tour, so that'll mean a couple more months until I get to see her again."

Rina leaned over and Lua a hug. "I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. Just try to keep your spirits up, and who knows what'll happen."

Lua sighed and looked out the window, where it had just started raining. "I hope you're right," she said. 

 

 

 When they got back to the dorm, everyone scattered as much as they could, trying to do their own thing. Doyeon noticed that Elly was smiling and hugging her phone as she went off to her room.

"What's got you so happy tonight?"she asked. 

Elly stopped and turned to face her. "K.Will managed to slip away from his minders for long enough to buy a burner phone today, so tonight we'll get to have a good long talk."

Doyeon winked. "Oh yeah. I know what kind of talk you're interested in."

Elly brought here eyebrows together and did her best to look injured. "That's not all we talk about." Then her good spirits won out. "But it is one of the things we talk about," she said with a wink, then turned and skipped off to her bed.

Yoojung came up from behind Doyeon and caught her up in a hug. "Elly seems to be doing well," she said.

Doyeon turned in Yoojung's arms and returned the hug. "K.Will was finally able to get his hands on a burner p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter