27.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday morning, Rina met up with Yeongyeon at their usual coffee shop.

"Do you think it's too cold to go boating again?" Rina asked.

Jeongyeon shook her head. "It should be fine - we're not planning to be actually in the water. Is that what you want to do today?"

Rina nodded. "I was just thinking about our first date and  wanted to do that again."

"Well, that explains the beret," Jeongyeon said, reaching up to adjust the angle of Rina's hat.

Once they were outside, Jeongyeon pulled up the hood on her jacket. It wouldn't keep them from being recognized, but it made her feel a little better and maybe it would make fans think twice about approaching them.

"What are you doing next Thursday?" Jeongyeon asked.

'I think it's just a regular practice day, so I should be free that evening," Rina replied.

"Well, let me know as soon as you find out for sure," Jeongyeon said. "My sister's been nominated for an acting award and she gave me two tickets to the awards ceremony."

"That sounds great!" Rina exclaimed. Then she got quiet, and after a moment's silence asked "Are you sure it's okay for us to go to that together?"

"Sure," Jeongyeon said. "Once already know that we're friends and they think it's cute, so I imagine Ki-Lings are okay with it too."

"Once knows about us?" Rina asked, her eyes wide.

Jeongyeon nodded. "Several times they've taken pictures of us whenever we were out together. They call them 'friend-dates', which I think is really cute." She pulled out her phone and pulled up one of the articles to show Rina. "I imagine some of them have figured out the truth, but if they have, they're keeping quiet about it."

"That's good," Rina said, her relief evident in her face. "I'm not supposed to be dating at all, and being caught dating a woman would make it even worse."

Jeongyeon nodded. "I know. Many of our fans would be okay with it, but all the ahjummas and ahjussis would freak out."

By this time they had reached the boat rental kiosk. "Look," Jeongyeon said, "they've got our boat waiting for us!" She pointed to where the "Lovely Lady" was tied up by the dock. "Let me go in and take care of the rental and then we'll be off on the water."

Jeongyeon went up to the kiosk to handle the rental, and Rina stayed where she was an looked around. It was really a beautiful day: The weather was nice, the autumn leaves were a blaze of red, orange, and yellow, and she was getting to spend the day with Jeongyeon. Did life get any better?

Suyeon was puttering around the kitchen, getting ready to scramble some eggs for lunch, when Sei came in and asked "Are we still forbidden from doing anything even vaguely couple-y?"

Suyeon looked at her, assessing the situation. "What did you have in mind?" she asked.

"Nothing risky," she said with a shrug. "Lucy and I wanted to go to Lee's American for lunch and then to a movie afterward."

"That sounds do-able," Suyeon said. "Go for it!"

The smile that came over Sei's face was enough to brighten Suyeon's entire day. She jumped up and down and then gave Suyeon a hug, almost making her drop the eggs. "Thanks, unnie! Do you want to come with us?"

Suyeon somehow managed to get the eggs and seasonings safely down on the counter before asking "Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of you and Lucy having a date?"

Sei shrugged. "I hate to think of you just sitting around here by yourself, eating scrambled eggs and watching TV. Besides, it'd give you a chance to see what we're like in public, so maybe you wouldn't worry so much!"

Suyeon looked at the eggs, then looked back at Sei. "If it's okay with Lucy, sure."

Lucy happened to walk into the kitchen just in time to hear Suyeon's last comment. "If what's okay with Lucy?" she asked.

"Oh, I asked Suyeon to come with us to Lee's American and to the movies," Sei said.

Lucy thought for a moment. "Sounds fine with me - given how careful we have to be, it's not like there's anything we could do without Suyeon that we couldn't do with Suyeon."

"Okay then, let me put these things away and change clothes and I'll be ready to go," Suyeon said.

"Sounds great!" Lucy said with a smile.

Once she and Sei were alone in the kitchen, Lucy leaned over and asked "Why did you invite Suyeon to come with us?"

Sei shrugged. "She just looked so pitiful. Even if the breakup with K.Will was from a fake relationship, it was still a real breakup and she's really left alone. Besides, I figured if she saw how mature and well-behaved we could be when we're out together, she'd be more okay with us going out together to places where we might not be so well behaved."

"Such as?" Lucy asked 

"Wel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter