34.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucy and Sei were in a cab on their way to Crimson Dragon when Lucy's phone beeped.

"I wonder who that could be," Sei said.

"Well if you'll give me a second to get my phone out of my purse, I can tell you," Lucy replied. She pulled her phone out and looked at it. "It's Suyeon. She wants to know if we want to meet her and IU for dinner tonight."

"Oh!" Sei pouted. "IU is the sweetest unnie in the world! I wish we could see her tonight, but we've got this reservation and I'll feel bad if you don't get to go to Crimson Dragon."

Lucy smiled. "There may be a way we can do both!" She started texting Suyeon back, her fingers flying over her phone's screen.

"How would we do that?" Sei asked, puzzled.

"Did you even read the reservation card?" Lucy asked as she continued to text.

"No," Sei admitted, as she fished around in her purse for the card. "I just figured it was a confirmation number or something that they'd need at the restaurant."

Lucy shook her head. "Nope. It's got everything we need to know about our evening. Read the fourth line down, right under where it says 'Private room.'"

"Capacity 6?" Sei read.

"I don't know if this is the smallest size private room they have or if Doyeon just booked a bigger room because reasons," she said, "but it means we can have Suyeon and IU meet us there and would actually still be able to have two more people in the room."

Sei's eyes lit up. "So we get to do both things!" she exclaimed.

"Hopefully," Lucy said with a nod, "but I need you to be quiet so I finish making the arrangements with Suyeon."

Sei leaned back next to Lucy and read the rest of the reservation card. Most of it was pretty self-explanatory, but there were things she had no idea what they meant. For example, what was a corkage fee? Sei figured she could ask Lucy about it once Lucy finished texting. She could be perfectly happy if she never went anywhere fancier than Sprouts, but she knew Lucy liked going to fancy restaurants like this, so she needed to learn all these things.

"There!" Lucy said, shutting of her phone with a flourish and sticking it back in her purse. "It's all arranged - Suyeon and IU will meet us at Crimson Dragon. They'll be a few minutes later than us, but Suyeon told me what appetizers to order so we won't have to wait too long for the food."

Sei looked puzzled. "But how will they get in, if we're already inside with the reservation card?"

"We'll just tell the host or hostess that we're expecting two more members of our party," Lucy said, "and they'll bring them back to the room when they arrive."

"I hate to bother them like that," Sei said, her face serious. "Couldn't we just wait at the front of the restaurant for them and then all go in together?"

"Don't want to bother them?" Lucy laughed gleefully at this. "Sei, it is literally their job to meet guests at the front of the restaurant and show them to their room or table."

"I guess," Sei said uncertainly, "I just don't want to be a bother."

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "Sei, when you see what they're charging us at the end of the night, you're going to wish you'd been more of a bother."

Sei shook her head. "Maybe I just don't get fancy restaurants," she said. "I can't imagine wanting to be a bother."

Lucy reached out and took Sei's hand. "I didn't mean it literally," she said. "I just meant, the staff at a place like Crimson Dragon are well paid for doing their jobs and they go out of their way to make sure their guests are happy."

Sei looked dubious.

"Trust me," Lucy said. "I know you. You're not going to be bothering anybody. And if, by some weird freaky chance it looks like you're about to bother somebody, I'll stop you, okay?"

Sei nodded. "Okay. I wanted to come tonight because I knew you wanted to come, but I just don't really know about fancy places like this and I don't really feel like I'd belong there."

Lucy squeezed Sei's hand. "Not to worry," she said. "Tonight I'll see to it that you feel like you belong there."

Rina watched through the one-way glass as Twice finished their performance. They were all wonderful, but of course she especially couldn't keep her eyes off Jyeongyeon. A few minutes after Twice left the stage, Jeongyeon walked into the room.

"How did we do?" she asked Rina.

Rina rolled her eyes as she walked across the room to Jeongyeon. "You were great, as always."

Jeongyeon looked intently at Rina. "Really?" she asked, a pleading note in her voice. "I know the others did well. Did I do okay?"

Rina reached out and took Jeongyeon's hands. "You were wonderful - I couldn't keep my eyes off of you."

Now it was Jeongyeon's turn to roll her eyes. "And you're not biased at all."

They both laughed at this.

"Anyway," Jeongyeon said, "I've got to head back down for the end of the show. But afterward, some of us are planning to go out clubbing. Do you want to come with?"

Rina nervously chewed her bottom lip for a second as she thought it over. "Can you help me get home by curfew?" She felt silly and immature for still having a curfew, but Jeongyeon had never made a big deal about it, which was nice.

Jeongyeon made an X on her chest with her finger. "Cross my heart, I'll have you back by curfew.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter