36.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lua and Doyeon were sitting in the common room, sharing the last beer, when Rina came in.

Rina looked at them. "Hey! Where is Suyeon?" she asked. "I want to be sure she sees that I got home before curfew."

Doyeon shrugged. "Suyeon's not here," she said. She took a swig of the beer, then handed the bottle to Lua, who finished it off, then put it down on the coffee table.

Rina looked annoyed. "Not here? But curfew's in two minutes! You'll tell her I was on time, won't you? Eventually she's got to be convinced I can get in before curfew and she'll stop reminding me."

"I wouldn't bet on it," Lua said. "She still reminds me to use a coaster every time I pick up a bottle."

"That's because you still don't use a coaster," Doyeon said, staring pointedly at the bottle sitting on the table.

Lua looked at the bottle. "Fine," she said. "So I forget sometimes. It's not like it's a big deal, anyway." She leaned forward and moved the bottle onto a coaster.

"It's not a big deal now," Doyeon said. "But what if someday we get invited-" Doyeon was interrupted by her phone ringing. She answered the phone. "Hello? . . . What's up?" She listened, her face progressively falling as whoever she was talking to went on. "Are they okay?" She listened some more. "Okay. I'll keep things under control here." More listening. "Okay. And when she gets back, tell Suyeon that Rina made it in before curfew." She laughed. "No, I don't think Suyeon will care either, but I promised Rina I'd tell her. . . Okay. Keep us in the loop."

"What's going on?" Rina asked. "When Suyeon gets back from where?"

"Suyein, Sei, and Lucy were in an accident," Doyeon said. "They were on their way back from dropping IU off at her apartment when a drunk driver swerved across the center line and clipped the front of their car. They spun out of control and the car slammed sideways into a building. An ambulance took them to the hospital. Sei's having her arm put in a cast right now. Suyeon's in getting an x-ray of her head. And Lucy's apparently fine, just shaken up. Manager-nim is with them, and so are K.Will and Elly - Manager-nim called Elly to come to the hospital and help out, and K.Will drove her there and then stayed to help. Elly said he's been a huge help - Lucy was really freaked out by the whole thing, and he was able to calm her down."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Lua asked.

Doyeon shook her head. "If anyone from the news calls - they're not supposed to have our numbers, but you never know - we're to tell them that we don't know anything and our manager will be making a statement in the morning."

Rina sat down on the couch next to Doyeon, her face ashen. "This is so scary," she said. "Any of them could have been seriously injured, or even. . ." Her voice trailed off.

"But they weren't," Doyeon said, reaching over to give Rina a hug. "They're going to be fine. We're all going to be fine. Tell you what: Why don't you get to bed. I'll wake you up if there's any news before morning." She turned to look at Lua. "You too. There's no point in all of us being sleep deprived tomorrow."

"What about you?" Rina asked.

Doyeon shook her head. "I can't sleep," she said. "Besides, I feel like someone ought to be awake in case we're needed."

"What about Yoojung?" Lua asked. "Should we wake her up and tell her?"

"No," Doyeon said. "She had a hard time getting to sleep tonight, so we should just let her sleep. She'll find out soon enough. Now get to bed, you two."

As Lua and Rina went to get ready for bed, Doyeon the TV, muted it, and turned it to the news channel. If there was any reporting about the accident, she wanted to be sure to see it.

Lua rolled over and grabbed her phone. 4 a.m., and she just couldn't sleep anymore. She figured she'd go keep Doyeon company on the couch. When she got to the living room, she saw that Doyeon had fallen asleep on the couch. She grabbed a blanket, shifted Doyeon so she was lying down, and covered her up. Then she sat down in one of the chairs to wait. The TV was still playing the news channel on mute, but Lua was pretty sure that the wreck wouldn't have made the news.

"One of the music news or gossip sites might have something," she thought. She ran a quick search on her phone and found nothing - apparently three members of Weki Meki getting in an auto wreck had managed to fly completely under the radar. She didn't know if she should be relieved or insulted. She had pretty much decided on relieved when she was startled out of her thoughts by the door opening. She looked up to see Sei coming in, her left arm from wrist to shoulder wrapped in a blue plaster cast, followed by Lucy, Suyeon, and Elly. She jumped up and ran over and started hugging them all.

"I'm so glad to see you all!" she exclaimed. "How are you? Are you okay?"

"Except for this," Sei said, gesturing with her cast.

"I'm pretty much okay," Lucy said. "Just some bruises."

"A bunch of really bad bruises," Suyeon said.

"And how are you?" Lua asked Suyeon. "I noticed you didn't say anything about yourself."

"I'm fi-" Suyeon started to say, only to have Elly interrupt her to say "Suyeon's got a skull fracture."

Lua just stared, speechless for a moment, then asked "A skull fracture? What are they going to do? Why isn't your head in a cast? Are you going to have to have surgery? Are you going to be okay?"

"I'm going to be fine," Suyeon said. "The crack is only about this long-" she held her thumb and forefinger about half an inch apart- "and the bone didn't shift. I've got to take it easy for a couple of days, and then I can get back to regular activities."

"Provided she doesn't have any serious headaches-" Lucy interjected, only to interrupt herself with a yawn.

"That's it," Lua said. "We've got to get you all to bed. Sei, you're sleeping in my bed - you don't need to be trying to climb the ladder with your arm in a cast."

"No, you don't have to do that," Sei protested.

"Sei," Lua said, doing her best impression of Doyeon's stern voice. "You're sleeping in my bed. This is not up for debate!"

Sei saluted with her unbroken arm. "Yes ma'am!"

Lucy and Elly bustled around getting the injured members to bed, then got to bed themselves. Lua remembered as she drifted off to sleep that she needed to set an alarm to wake up the next morning.

Yoojung was awakened by the sun shining in the window of the  small room. She looked around and saw that Doyeon's bed was empty but Suyeon was still asleep. Listening, she didn't hear anyone moving around in the rest of the apartment. Moving quietly so a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter