31.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoojung looked up from the picture she was drawing when she saw Suyeon walk into the room. Their leader had the most confused look on her face that Yoojung could possibly imagine.

'What's wrong, Suyeon?" Yoojung asked. "You look confused."

Suyeon flopped down on the couch next to Yoojung. "I just had the strangest phone call," she said.

Yoojung waited for Suyeon to go on, but Suyeon just sat that quietly until Yoojung prompted her. "And?"

"Oh!" Suyeon said, shaking her head as if startled. "I just got a call from IU," she said. After letting that sentence hang in the air for a moment, she went on. "She said she got my number from Jennie, and she wanted to fix me up on a date with Eric Nam."

"Eric Nam?" Yoojung said. "He's cute, but he's older."

"Not as much older as K.Will," Suyeon said.

"So what are you going to do?" Yoojung asked.

Suyeon shrugged and threw her hands up. "What can I do?" she asked. "When Korea's Little Sister sets you up for a date with Eric Nam, you go on a date with Eric Nam."

"Yay!" Joojung squealed excitedly. "So when are you going out with him?"

"Tonight," Suyeon said. "He'll be here to pick me up in. . ." She checked the time on her phone. "Three hours."

Yoojung jumped up from the couch. "Three hours gives us plenty of time. You go get a shower. I'll make sure your little black dress is ready, and I'll get Rina in here to do your hair and Sei to do your makeup."

Suyeon looked up at her from the couch. "Only one problem: What about Manager-nim?"

"What about her?" Yoojung asked. "When you tell her IU set this up, she'll be so impressed at the company we're keeping that she won't even think to be mad at you. Besides, it's not like it's just any guy - it's Eric Nam. He was a GQ Man of the Year!"

"But. . ." Suyeon protested.

"But nothing," Yoojung said, grabbing Suyeon's hand and pulling her to her feet. "Tell you what. You go get your shower and I'll call Manager-nim."

"But. . ." Suyeon protested again.

"But nothing," Yoojung said as she pushed Suyeon in the direction of the bathroom. "You go get your shower and I'll take care of this."

Three hours later, Suyeon was in her little black dress, Sei had done her makeup, and Rina had done her hair. She was sitting on the couch waiting for Eric to knock at the door. Yoojung was sitting on one side of her holding one of her hands and Elly was on the other side holding the other.

'What am I going?" Suyeon asked.

"You're waiting to go on a date with one of Korea's most eligible bachelors," Elly said.

Suyeon turned to Yoojung. "And Manager-nim was okay with this?" she asked.

"I can't remember the last time I've ever heard her so happy," Yoojung said. "She said for the rest of us not to go getting ideas, but this was a great chance for you, especially since IU had set it up."

Suyeon was quiet for a moment. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Suyeon was about to jump up and get it, but Doyeon got there first.

"You must be Eric," she said as she opened the door and admitted Eric Nam.

"That's me," he said. "And you must be Doyeon."

"Somebody's been doing his homework," Doyeon said with a laugh and she led Eric over to Suyeon, who stood up quickly.

"Hi Suyeon," said Eric, obviously nervous. He was holding a bouquet, which he handed to Suyeon. "These are for you."

"Oh. Uh. Thank you." Suyeon was almost totally at a loss for words.

It's uncertain how long the nervous couple would have stood there if Doyeon hadn't taken action. "I'll go put these in some water for you," she said, taking the flowers out of Suyeon's hands and herding Suyeon and Eric out the door.

"Have fun you two," she called out as she shut the door.

She went and put the flowers in a vase, then came back to find that the others had already started dissecting Suyeon and Eric's first interaction.

"I think it went well for a first meeting," Yoojung said.

"Especially since he had to meet her in front of all her members," Elly added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter