22.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weki Meki had the day after the Twice premiere off. Sei and Lucy spent the morning scanning all the gossip magazine websites, hoping they didn't find anything bad about their red carpet appearance.

"Well, that's something," Sei said with a sigh.

Lucy leaned over and gave Sei a hug. "Apparently we dodged a bullet this time," she said.

Sei nodded. "Now we've just got to wait for Suyeon to calm down." She got up and went to look out the window. "It's a beautiful day today. I wish we could go for a walk in the park."

Lucy came up behind her and caught her up in a hug. "You know Suyeon would never allow that, even if we hadn't done the red carpet thing last night - we're not supposed to be doing anything couple-y."

Sei leaned back into Lucy's hug. "I know. And I understand why. But that doesn't mean I don't hate it."

Just then Suyeon came out of the small bedroom. Her eyes were red - apparently she'd cried for quite a while before going to sleep the night before.

"Good morning, unnie," Sei said quietly, disentangling herself from Lucy's arms as inconspicuously as she could.

Suyeon stopped and looked at her. "Good morning," she said quietly. "Did you check the gossip sites this morning? I mean, I'm assuming there's nothing because Manager-nim hasn't called me, but I still want to be sure."

Lucy came to stand by Sei. "We checked all the sites. The only member of Weki Meki who got pictures published from last night was you. Several sites posted red carpet pictures of you, plus one posted a picture of you hugging K.Will when we first got to the after-party and another had two really good pictures of you and K.Will dancing." She pulled up a picture on her phone and held it out for Suyeon to see.

Suyeon looked at the picture on Lucy's phone and scowled. "You do remember that K.Will and I aren't actually a couple, don't you?"

Lucy nodded silently as she let her arm drop back to her side. "I know," Lucy said, "but it was just such a pretty picture. . ."

Suyeon rolled her eyes. "Whatever," she said as she walked past them to the kitchen.

After a couple of minutes, Sei followed Suyeon into the kitchen. "Unnie, there's no need for you to be mean to Lucy like that. She's just trying to make the best of the situation."

Suyeon looked up from the tangerine she was peeling. "I know she is," Suyeon said, "and I'll apologize to her after I've had breakfast. I just don't know how to deal with this whole situation. I've got to pretend to be in a relationship I'm not in, and every other member is having to pretend not to be in the relationship they're in."

Sei sat down across the table from Suyeon. "At least it's not one of the gay members having to pretend to be in a relationship with K.Will," she said. Her grin faded from her face when Suyeon looked up at her.

"I think that might have been better," Suyeon said. "If it had been, say, Doyeon pretending to be dating K.Will, maybe Elly wouldn't be so cross about it."

"Why don't you just break up with him?" Sei asked.

Suyeon popped a piece of tangerine into , chewed and swallowed it before she answered. "I already suggested that. He and Elly think it's not the right time for me to break up with him yet. I think it's better to end it before the fans get too used to the idea, especially since he's going to be going public with his relationship with Elly once our dating ban has lifted, but they think it would look bad if he and I split up too soon." Suyeon ate another piece of tangerine. "Nope, I'm stuck dating K.Will for at least 6 months, which means for at least 6 months, I can't date anyone else."

"Oh." Sei's face fell. "I'm sorry unnie. I didn't know all of that." She got up to leave.

"Sei," Suyeon said, stopping the other girl in her tracks. "I'm sorry I was y with you and Lucy this morning. And I'll apologize to Lucy in just a minute."

Sei walked around the table and gave Suyeon a hug. "It's okay, unnie. We'd just been thinking about how the situation with K.Will was affecting us and how it was affecting Elly and I never really stopped to think about how it's affecting you."

Suyeon smiled weakly up at Sei. "Thank you," she said, tears welling up in her eyes. 

Before Sei had a chance to realize what was happening, Suyeon had grabbed her in a hug and was soaking her shirt with tears. Looking down, she Suyeon's hair awkwardly and wished this whole situation would go away.

 

 

Doyeon and Lua were down in the laundry room, waiting for the dryers to finish. 

"I just can't believe Suyeon bit L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter