21.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Manager-nim came into the practice room while Weki Meki were working on a new song. Since last time she had interrupted their practice had been to break the news that she'd "discovered" that Suyeon and K.Will were dating, they tried to be prepared for anything when she stopped their backing track and had them gather around her.

'As I'm sure you know," Manager-nim began, "Twice will be debuting their new film this weekend. I just got off the phone with one of their managers, who informed me that Jihyo wants you all to be her guests at the premiere. Of course I said you'd be there. So between now and then you've all giot stylist appointments, and Elly, Lua, Rina, and Lucy all have supplementary media training." She handed them cards with the times of their appointments, then turned to leave. Just as she reached the door, she turned back to them, "I know you girls don't like to think of your friendships this way, but being friends with Twice could be a huge boost for your careers. I want you to do everything in your power to make Jihyo glad that she invited you." And with those parting words, she turned to leave.

"Jihyo invited us,": Yoojung said with a grin, "and I'm sure that Jeongyeon had nothing to do with it." She winked at Rina, who blushed.

"But why do we have to do supplementary media training?" Lua whined.

"Because you tend to say the first thing that comes into your head, even if it's not the appropriate thing," Elly said sticking out her tongue at Lua.

"Well what about you?" Lua retorted.

"I get overwhelmed and mumble," Elly responded with a shrug. "Rina tends to talk too much and too loudly, and Lucy's being sent just because she's the maknae."

"I talk too much?" Rina protested, a bit louder than was strictly necessary. "I don't talk too much! I just think of good things to say and I want to be sure to say them, and I just. . ." She trailed off upon seeing her seniors' expression. "Really?" She asked quietly. "I talk too much?"

Yoojung held up her hand with her thumb and index finger nearly touching. "A little bit." 

Suyeon nodded in agreement.

"At least you all have reasons for going," Lucy said. "I'm just being sent because I'm the youngest." She began to pout.

Sei took Lucy's card from her and looked at it. "It's only for half an hour, you big baby," she teased. "And when you're done, I'll be waiting outside for you with a bubble tea."

"Well, I guess that'll be okay," Lucy said with a smile as she took her card back and put her arm around Sei's shoulders.

"Okay, well, all these things don't start until tomorrow. In the meantime, this song's not gonna learn itself," Suyeon said, getting ready to turn the backing track back on.

"Do we have to do it right now?" Rina asked.

Suyeon nodded. "We have to. Our next comeback is coming up soon and we're not ready yet. Besides, you'll have plenty of time for texting when we go back to the dorm after practice." 

Rina blushed at this, but assumed her place for the choreography.

Suyeon started the click track, then rushed to be in her position before the music started.

 

 

The weekend finally arrived, and all the preparations had been completed. Weki Meki were standing in the lobby of their dorm, waiting for the limousine that was going to take them to the premiere.

"I love your hair," Lucy said to Sei as she ran her fingers through it. The stylists had dyed Sei's hair a glossy black with deep blue highlights. It made her look sultry and mysterious, and Lucy was quite taken with the look.

"You all look great," Suyeon said. Suyeon's hair was a deep red, almost crimson. Once this was paired with the red strapless dress the stylists had put her in, Doyeon started teasing her, calling her Jessica Rabbit. Just then Suyeon's phone beeped. She took it out of the tiny clutch she was carrying and looked at the screen. "K.Will's going to be there. Not just for the premiere - he's one of Momo's special guests, so he's going to be at the VIP afterparty as well."

"Ah yes," Elly said with an arched eyebrow. "Suyeon and K.Will have their first public event as boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Oh, I'm sure that once the photographers have gotten their pics and been shooed out of the building, he'll want to talk with all my members," Suyeon said, aiming a wink at Elly.

Rina was scrolling through pictures on her phone. "The red carpet photos are already being released - Twice just walked the red carpet. Look at this beautiful dress Jeongyeon is wearing! And look how much she grew out her hair!"

They all had to agree that Jeongyeon looked great in her blue sequined dress with her now longer hair dyed honey blonde. 

Just then their limo arrived. They all piled in the back and enjoyed their ride to the theater where Twice was hosting their premiere. Once thy arrived, they were ushered out of their limo into a waiting area until it was their turn to walk the red carpet. They didn't have to wait long - after a few minutes, they were told they could start making their way down the red carpet. Suyeon went first, then the others followed in order of age, until it was Sei's turn - Sei grabbed Lucy's hand and walked out onto the red carpet with her. They performed some skinships for the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter