29.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sei woke up at 5 o'clock. She still had about half an hour to sleep before they had to start getting ready for the day's promos, but no matter how she tossed and turned, she couldn't get back to sleep. She quietly climbed down from her bed and tip-toed to the kitchen, where she found Rina already up.

"What are you doing up so early?" Sei asked.

Rina held up her phone. "This is when Jeongyeon was free."

Sei nodded. "That makes sense. How are things going with you two?" She fixed a bowl of rice, grabbed a can of tuna, and sat down at the table.

"Really good," Rina said when she finished writing her text. "Her fans know about us, but they think we're just friends. Whenever one of them gets a picture of us out together, they say we're on a 'friend date' - it's so cute!"

Sei sat, quietly thinking as she ate some of her rice and tuna. "Do you two ever go out to clubs?" she asked.

"Oh sure," Rina said with a nod. "Not as often as we'd like, you know, but sometimes."

"Would you make out with her in the VIP room of a club?" Sei asked.

Rina shook her head, scandalized. "No! That's what private rooms are for!" She paused for a second, then narrowed her eyes. "What did you do?"

Sei hurriedly shook her head. "Not me! Lua!" And she told Rina about what had happened the night before. "So, I don't know if Lua's still going to be pissed off when she wakes up or not."

"She better not be," Suyeon said as she came into the kitchen. "We've got promos to film today, and we need her to be her usual extra self."

"Don't worry, I will be," Lua said as she walked up behind Suyeon. She caught Sei's eyes. "I'm still not happy with you and Lucy, but I'll be on point today." She got a can of orange juice out of the fridge and went back into the common room.

"Well, that could have gone better," Sei said, poking dejectedly at the last bite of her rice and tuna."

"I'll take care of it," Suyeon said, geabbing a can of juice and following Lua into the common room.

"Don't stress over it," Rina said. "Remember when Lua was pissed off at me?"

Sei shook her head. "I didn't know she ever was."

Rina nodded vigorously. "She was pissed off at me for most of the 'La la la' era, but you'd never know from her behavior in public."

"What was she so pissed off at you about?" Sei asked.

Rina waved dismissively. "Oh, we both had a crush on the same girl. Obviously neither one of us ended up with her, and I'm pretty sure she's straight anyway, but the point is, Lua's able to be a professional, even when she's pissed off."

"That's good," Sei said as she ate the last of her tuna and rice. "But I'd rather she wasn't mad at me at all."

"Well, eventually she won't be," Rina said. "You've just got to get through until then."

Sei nodded and put her bowl in the sink. "Well, I'm going to go get a shower now. Tell Jeongyeon I said hi!"

Doyeon could tell something was wrong - Sei missed her cue in dancing, which never happened, and Lucy failed when she tried to break an apple in half, which never, ever happened. She waited until they were in the van headed to their next promo and cornered Sei.

"What's wrong, Sei?" Doyeon asked. "I can't remember the last time you missed a cue in a performance. What's distracting you today?"

Sei looked around, making sure none of the others were listening. "Lua's mad at me and Lucy, because of what happened last night."

Doyeon nodded - Suyeon had told Doyeon and Yoojung about Sei and Lucy's encounter with Lua at the club, and they'd been able to hear Lua yelling when they got in. "Don't let her bother you," Doyeon said. "You've got me, Yoojung, and Suyeon on your side."

Sei sniffled. "I guess it helps a little, but I'd rather she wasn't mad at me."

"Well, don't worry about it," Doyeon said. "I'll have one of the unnies talk to her and we'll get this settled today."

"I guess that will help," Sei said with a nod.

Doyeon left Sei to look out the window and slid over to talk to Suyeon. "We've got to do something about Lua," she said. "Just knowing Lua is pissed at them is throwing Sei and Lucy off their game."

"I know," Suyeon said. "I tried talking to Lua this morning. She's willing to put on the appearance of being okay with them, but inside she's still just as mad as she was last night."

"So what do we do?" Doyeon asked.

Suyeon shook her head. "I don't know. I was thinking of asking Elly to talk with her."

"Why Elly?" Doyeon asked, her confusion evident in her face.

"Elly's the unnie of the big bedroom," Doyeon said. "I'm hoping that talking to her will seem less confrontational than if one of us comes over from the small bedroom t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter