19.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suyeon, Elly, Doyeon, and Yoojung were all back in Weki Meki's dorm after Suyeon's conversation with Manager-nim.

"Do you think she believed you?" Elly asked, concern written all over her face.

Suyeon shrugged. "It's hard to tell. But even if she does have suspicions, she doesn't actually know anything or she'd have called me out on it."

Elly nodded. "I've just got to keep hoping this will blow over."

"It will," Doyeon said. "It may take a little long than it took Moonbin and Momo to blow over, because the agencies can't issue a denial - they don't even know if there's anything to deny. But still people's attention will move on to the next celebrity scandal."

Yoojung looked thoughtful for a moment. "We've got to do something for the maknaes. They're just caught in the crossfire here and you can tell they're frustrated. Especially Lucy." 

Elly looked curious. "What did you have in mind?"

"Well," Yoojung said, smiling brightly, "if Suyeon and Doyeon will join me in staying out of the small room this evening, we can fix it up so that Sei and Lucy can have an inside-the-apartment date. You all know how hard privacy is to come by around here. Just imagine how happy they'll be with two solid hours of privacy!"

Doyeon nodded. "That sounds good. But what about Lua?"

"Well," Yoojung said, "it's a little bit harder to plan for Lua. . ."

"But I think it's even more important," Doyeon chimed in. "She was really upset about things this morning, and if we do something for Sei and Lucy and can't do something for her, it's liable to just make the situation worse."

"We just give her the same thing we gave Lucy and Sei," Elly said.

Suyeon looked dubious. "We can't give Lucy and Jennie an inside-the-apartment date. Getting Jennie over here would be suspicious by itself."

Elly shook her head. "No, not exactly the same thing. But sort of." She paused for a moment, trying to get her thoughts in order. "The biggest part of the inside-the-apartment date is that Lucy and Sei get the small room to themselves for 2 hours. Well, it's really hard for Lua to have phone dates with Jennie when she's got three roommates. Maybe you could let her have the small room for a couple of hours next time she has a phone date with Jennie?"

"That's a great idea," Suyeon said. "If Doyeon and Yoojung are on board-" she waited for confirmatory nods- "then I can make Lua a coupon good for 2 hours of privacy in the small room, whenever she needs it."

"She can't use my bed, though," Yoojung said. She had a thing about germs, and if she even thought that someone other than her or Doyeon had been in her bed, it would require stripping the bed down and washing the sheets twice before she'd feel comfortable sleeping in it again."

"She can use mine," Suyeon said, recognizing that Lua in Doyeon's bed would still trigger Yoojung's germaphobia. "And I'll ask her to bring her duvet to put over top of my sheets."

"So it's settled then," Elly said, moving the conversation along before Yoojung had a chance to come up with more objections. "Suyeon, you get to work making a coupon for Lua - and make one for Rina as well. Doyeon, you can help me get the small room ready."

"What about me?" Yoojung asked.

'I need you to go to the grocery," Elly said, quickly scribbling down a list. 

Yoojung looked over the list. "We're having beef tonight?"

Elly nodded. "After everything we've been through today, I think we all need a treat tonight."

 

 

Elly the rice cooker, gave the beef another stir, and leaned back against the counter, mentally double- and triple-checking everything. She and Doyeon had moved one of the rugs into the middle of the small room, put one of the end tables on it, then covered the table with a pillowcase for a tablecloth. Suyeon had even donated a couple of candles that Moonbin had given her ("I don't want them anymore, but the maknaes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter