33.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lua stepped out of the dressing room and twirled, showing off the green dress she was trying on.

Jennie shook her head. "No. . . Let me see the blue one again. I think I like that one better."

Lua pouted. "You're just trying to make this take longer!" she whined.

"Of course I am," Jennie said calmly. "If you find a dress before dinnertime, then I don't have an excuse for taking you out to dinner, and this all ends well before I'm ready for it to."

Lua looked around, then leaned closer to Jennie and whispered. "Couldn't we just ditch the press and go somewhere on our own?"

Jennie shook her head. "If I'm too unfindable, then they'll work harder to find me. As it is, by going out in their view, for example with my junior Weki Meki Lua, who I'm teaching about fashion, then they'll actually leave me alone when I want to be unfindable." She paused for a second. "You're not getting out of showing me the blue dress again."

Lua pouted, but turned and headed back into the dressing room.

Jennie looked around. She spotted at least 4 photographers following her, which meant there were at least 6, because some of them were always better at hiding than she was at seeking. She checked the time on her phone. After they bought the blue dress - the green one was nowhere near as flattering, even if Lua did like it more - they'd need to go get some shoes to match it. After that, a stop at the makeup counter should eat up just enough time that they could go for an early dinner, which would get them some privacy while they were in the restaurant. She nodded - having everything all planned out, she turned back to waiting for Lua to come out.

"Ready or not," Lua called through the curtain, "here I come in the blue dress again." She parted the curtain and stepped out, doing a little runway walk in front of Jennie, who applauded joyfully.

"Very good," Jennie said. "Now get out of it so we can buy it, then we'll go get you some shoes to go with it."

"I'm pretty sure I've got some shoes that will go with it," Lua said.

Jennie shook her head. "No, I'm pretty sure you don't. Anyway, new shoes shouldn't take more than about half an hour, which means after a stop at the makeup counter it will be time for dinner."

Lua smiled at Jennie. "You thought of everything, didn't you?"

Jennie nodded. "It's what I do. No go get back in your clothes so we can get on with our shopping."

As Jennie was waiting for Lua to get back into her clothes, she looked around and happened to see IU and Suyeon shopping in the same store. She waved at them, and they came over to see her. Being conscious of the photographers surrounding them, she made sure to bow deeply to her senior.

"What's going on with you two?" Jennie asked.

"IU decided I needed a new dress for my second date with Eric Nam," Suyeon said.

Jennie smiled at IU. "Still playing K-pop world matchmaker?"

IU laughed. "It just comes naturally to me - I haven't been wrong yet. Are you still happy with the guy I fixed you up with?"

"Certainly," Jennie said. "As you know, we have a very special relationship."

IU turned to Suyeon. "So Suyeon, so that I can plan ahead: Will any of your juniors need a special relationship? I know Elly's spoken for, but the others will probably come out from under the dating ban soon, and it takes extra effort to find someone special."

Suyeon nodded. "All of them."

IU's eyes widened. "All of them?"

Suyeon nodded.

IU leaned closer to Suyeon and quietly asked "You are aware of what I'm really talking about, aren't you?"

Suyeon nodded. "All of them."

IU was quiet for a moment as she took this in. "I'm going to have to work extra hard to find the right guys for the girls of Weki Meki."

"You've got some time," Suyeon reassured her. "Doyeon and Yoojung will probably come out from under the ban in the next year, then Sei and Rina that year after that, and then not until the year after that for Lucy."

IU nodded, then pulled out her phone to take some notes. "That does make things easier. I think I've got some likely candidates in mind. You be sure to let me know when you management starts talking about letting out of the ban, won't you Suyeon?"

Suyeon nodded, but before she had a chance to say anything, Lua came out of the dressing room carrying the blue and green dresses and joined them, bowing respectfully to IU and then to Suyeon.

Jennie took the green dress out of Lua's hand and handed it to Suyeon. "Why don't you try this one first? The color should suit you. Now, please excuse us - we've got to go find Lua some shoes to go with her new dress."

After Jennie and Lua were gone, IU turned to Suyeon and said "Well, you might as well start by trying that one on - if Jennie thinks it will suit you, she's almost certainly right."

Doyeon knocked on the big bedroom door. Upon hearing Lucy call out "Come in!" she opened the door and let herself in. Sei and Lucy looked down at her from Lucy's bed.

"Hi unnie!" Lucy said. "What's up?"

"Oh, um. . ." Doyeon hesitated. "Well, Yoojung's having one of her pain flares again, and-"

"You need us to go get some medicine for her?" Sei asked.

"No, nothing like that," Doyeon said. "She's already got all the medicine she needs, and I've got her sitting up in her bed drinking a cup of tea. No, what I need your help with is this:" She hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter