37.

My World, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suyeon woke up, looked at her phone, and saw that it was 4:30 in the morning. She tried to get back to sleep, but sleep wouldn't come. Finally she sighed, turned off her alarm, and quietly slipped out of the small bedroom. She expected to be the first one up, but see saw a light on in the kitchen and heard someone moving around. She walked into the kitchen and found Sei eating a tangerine while waiting for the kettle to come to a boil.

"What are you doing up so early?" Suyeon asked. "I know you're normally the first one up, but this is ridiculous!"

Sei shrugged as she finished chewing the piece of tangerine in , then said "I just couldn't sleep - today's the start of training for our next comeback and I can't wait to get started!" Just then the kettle whistled and Sei jumped up to go fix her tea. "Want me to make you a cup of tea?" she asked as she poured hot water over the tea bag waiting in her mug.

"Sure!" Suyeon replied. "Do we have any English breakfast tea?"

Sei looked in the cabinet, found the box of English breakfast tea and took it out, only to discover it was empty. "Apparently not," she said, turning the empty box upside down and shaking it. "Apparently someone-" she looked meaningfully at Suyeon- "used the last of it and then put the empty box back in the cabinet."

"Guilty." Suyeon squeaked quietly. "I'll just have whatever you're having, then."

"Tea, Earl Grey, hot," Sei said, doing her best impression of Captain Picard, which Suyeon had to admit was actually not very good at all. Over the last six months, while Sei stayed in seclusion until her arm came out of the cast, then waited for their next comeback to come around, Sei had watched all of Star Trek. Some of the others had tried to watch it with her, but none of them liked it nearly as much as she did. Still, it took her mind off the accident, the coverup, and the comeback she had to miss, so none of them begrudged her hogging the television to watch it, even if Lua did kind of resent the fact that she now knew the difference between a phaser and a photon torpedo.

"So," Sei said as she put a mug in front of Suyeon, "what do we know about the song for the new comeback?"

Suyeon shrugged. "Not much. Manager-nim gave me two song titles, but I know nothing about what the songs sound like, or if those are the only songs, or which one's going to be the A-side or anything."

She paused to take a sip of her tea, prompting Sei to impatiently ask "Well, what are their names?"

Suyeon put her mug down and said "One of them's called 'Lose My Number,' and the other is 'He Knows I'm Trouble.'"

"Those both sound good," Sei said as she cleaned up the peel from her tangerine. "They both sound very girl crush, so this could be our first win. I like the sound of 'He Knows I'm Trouble' best."

Suyeon laughed. "It's hard to know without actually healing the songs. Still, it's good to hear you getting excited about something."

Sei spun around and danced across the kitchen from the trashcan back to her cup of tea. "I just feel like today I finally get to put the accident behind me. You and Lucy got to get back to work fairly quickly, but I haven't been out of the apartment in months." Her face fell. "I wonder if the Ki-lings even remember me. . ."

"Oh, believe me, they do," Suyeon said. "Rina and I were doing a V-Live the other night and they kept asking about you."

Sei pouted. "I wish Manager-nim had let me at least start doing V-Lives once I got the cast off."

"I know," Suyeon said, reaching over to pat her on the shoulder, "but Manager-nim decided it was best for you to stay 'on hiatus' until our next comeback, so that it was further removed from the accident."

"I know why," Sei said, "but I still don't like it." She paused for a second, then started to smile. "But at least the Ki-Lings were asking about me. That's a good thing!" She drank the last of her tea and put the mug in the dishwasher, then skipped off toward the bathroom. "See you later! I'm going to go get a shower!"

Suyeon shook her head as she watched Sei skip off. The forced hiatus had been really hard on her, and her moods had been swinging back and forth so quickly as a result, so it was good to see her happy."

Suyeon was suddenly startled by the sound of the apartment door opening. She spun around and saw Elly trying to quietly sneak into the apartment.

"What are you doing out so early?" Suyeon asked. "Did you forget we start training for our comeback today?"

Elly shook her head as she took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter