Day 9 - Overboard

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Minho - Overboard

His eyes widened as he stepped inside your apartment, already able to see a whole lot despite your lights still being off. Multiple coloured lights were casting all over the walls in a blinking order and your normally minimal décor looked like an elf had sneezed and covered every inch of your home in festivities. And when you the lights, it got more intense and he didn’t know what to take in first, the tree, the lights, or the other Christmas decor.

“So what do you think?” you asked with a smile, passing Minho as you stepped up into your home, his eyes still soaking in everything. He wasn’t sure if he had entered a Christmas shop or your actual apartment anymore.

His eyes followed movement across the room and gasped. “There’s even a train!”

“Of course, it’s heading for the North Pole.”

“You uh, really go all out don’t you?” he finally surmised the experience and you grinned at Minho, nodding happily. “I really didn’t expect this side to you.”

“Well, you’re pretty intense as a person naturally, it makes sense your girlfriend has a side to her like this, right?”

Minho couldn’t help but chuckle. “It’s going to take me a while to get used to this, but I like it.”