Day 21 - Cancelling Christmas

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Bobby – Cancelling Christmas

 

You slumped down exhaustedly on the sofa in your boyfriend’s apartment and groaned at how much your feet were throbbing. Bobby sat down beside you and reached for your legs, massaging them gently.

“Oh my god, you have no idea how good that feels,” you breathed and he grinned, increasing his pressure to help relieve your pain.

“Why did you spend the entire day out and on your feet for? It’s cold out there!”

You opened your eyes to shoot him a miserable look. “Have I ever told you how much I hate Christmas shopping with my mother? She’s incessant. It started out that we planned to go to just one store but then they didn’t have what she specifically wanted so she took me all over this damn city looking for it. By the end of it all, she gave up on the item and said she’ll just get it online. Of course, I had suggested that three hours into the day but she works in her own world.”

“So does that mean you’ve gotten your gifts all sorted this year too?” Bobby asked, quirking an eyebrow at you.

It dawned on you the predicament that you were now in and you groaned. “I didn’t even get a thing!”

“Want to forget about Christmas and just snuggle the cold weather away with me?”

You grinned, shifting closer to him and nodded appreciatively. “That sounds like the best Christmas plan ever.”