Day 16 - Christmas Spirit

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Moonbin – Christmas Spirit

 

You hadn’t expected to be putting up a Christmas tree today with Moonbin for your date, but he had insisted on getting it up, just the two of you, before any of s came home and interrupted.

You didn’t remember how satisfying it was to have full control over how the colours went up on the tree. At home, you had shared the task with your whole family and had lost interest over the years. As you strung up another snowman onto a branch, you wondered why you had lost your Christmas spirit.

Moonbin came over to your side, nudging you as he reached up higher to put on an ornament. “Feeling it yet?”

“Feeling what?”

“The magic of Christmas! You told me you didn’t really care but you look pretty happy right now doing this.”

You smiled, realising he had planned this all along. You merely nodded and continued decorating until there was one thing left. You stretched as high as you could to place the star on top of the tree but it was too tall and you were too short. You turned to your boyfriend with a pout. “Here, you put it up, I can’t reach.”

Suddenly, Moonbin hoisted you up in his arms and you grinned, reaching for the top branch and sliding it on. When he placed you back on the ground, you hugged him tightly.

“I feel it now.”