Day 24 - Mistletoe

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Hoshi/Soonyoung – Mistletoe

“Oh, what’s that?”

You looked to where Soonyoung pointed and before you could react his lips were on yours, kissing you sweetly. You stared at him for a moment after he pulled away and then tilted your head in thought. “What was that for?”

“Isn’t that mistletoe?” he asked and you looked at the part of a Christmas decoration hanging down from the alcove you were seated upon. You snorted at his mistake and shook your head.

“That’s holly.”

For the next week, Soonyoung continuously pointed to various shrubbery and plants that people were decorating with before his lips were swiftly on yours, making you laugh and correct his endless mistakes. They were never true mistletoe and he was growing increasingly frustrated, whining that he couldn’t tell what was the kissing decoration looked like in person. If you didn’t know your boyfriend, you would have thought Soonyoung was doing it just to kiss you regardless.

“Hey, look there,” you mentioned on Christmas Eve, distracting him enough to hold a small branch above you both. When he turned back to look at you with a frown, you placed your lips softly over his and then gestured to what you held. “Now this is mistletoe.”

Soonyoung kissed you again and grinned as you cried out in surprise, and he pointed to the mistletoe that remained in your grasp. “We’re still standing under it, so I get to keep kissing you, right?”