Day 22 - His Little Helper

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Seungwoo – His Little Helper

 

This year you were productive with your Christmas season rush. You didn’t wait until December to buy gifts and your Christmas cards went out in the mail last week. Your tree had just been put up and your minimal decorations were set.

You were ready for Christmas.

But your boyfriend Seungwoo wasn’t so organised. As you stepped into his home, your eyes widened at the chaos of a tree on its side and a stack of gifts needing to be wrapped. He looked at you sheepishly and then shot you a warm smile. “Not what you were planning with your Saturday, right?”

“Let’s get to work, shall we?”

The tree was up and decorated and you were now a well-oiled system of you wrapping the gifts and Seungwoo passing you tape, gift tags and bows. The time was filled with singing along to Christmas songs and reminiscing over the year together, continuing even after the presents were wrapped and you were both curled up on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate.

You had finished your mug and placed it down, reaching for his and took a sip. Seungwoo gaped. “Hey, that’s mine!”

“Is that how you repay Santa’s Little Helper today?”

He grinned, leaning over to kiss you lightly instead. “Is this better?”

“Much better.”