Day 25 - Thank the Chef [Final]

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Kihyun – Thank the Chef

 

Kihyun opened the oven and pulled out the food he was cooking, checking if the meat was baking to perfection as he hoped it was. It was his first time cooking you a meal for Christmas, and although he had cooked for you plenty of times, today had a lot riding on it. He knew all about how well your mother’s Christmas roast turned out and you had even joked about how lucky he should feel that you were skipping out on the meal of the year for his.  Whilst he knew you wouldn’t break up with him over one meal, Kihyun wanted to make this a tradition with you for many years to come.

So it had to be perfect.

He waited with bated breath as you took a portion from the serving tray and began to eat, your face slowly breaking out into a smile the longer you chewed. You quickly placed another mouthful in before grinning. “It’s delicious!”

“Really?”

“Of course it is, you made it!”

Kihyun groaned and shook his head. “I want the honest truth. I was so nervous making this for you.”

“You were?” you asked and he nodded honestly. You got up and rounded the table, sitting down in his lap and wrapped your arms around his neck. “I should thank the chef then because it’s truly delicious. It might even beat my Mother’s.”

“Now you’re just flattering me,” he murmured before kissing you sweetly, relieved that his efforts had rewarded him greatly.