Day 8 - Change In Tradition

Idol Advent [Christmas Drabble Series]

Chani (Chanhee) – Change in Traditions

 

“No way!” Chanhee cried, shaking his head firmly as you yanked at his arm. “I’m not going out in that snow! It’s really bad out there, Y/N.”

“Its Christmas time and we hardly have fun like we used to as kids these days. Let’s go build a snowman!”

“Right now?!” he asked, staring at you incredulously. Even though he had known you all his life, you never failed to surprise him.

You nodded. “Come on, I bet I will make a better snowman than you.”

“Oh, you so know mine will be far superior,” he countered and for the next hour, you braved the cold weather in your multiple layers, creating the biggest snowman you had ever made in years. You played dirty, throwing snowballs at one another when you were almost happy with your creations, laughing and chasing each other around the yard. It was just like old times except when you slipped on the snow and pulled him down with you, Chanhee smiled and leaned down to kiss you instead.

That was definitely not something that happened when you made snowmen as kids.

But as you kissed him back, you knew you didn’t mind this change of tradition one little bit.