EIGHT

ANOTHER LOVE (Side Story of AGONY by xoxkwonlover)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong walked out of the recording studio and pulled out his phone from the back of his jeans. His phone rang and saw Mireu name on it. He pressed the device onto his ears, "Hello?" Jiyong stopped and leaned his back on a wall, propping a leg up as well, "Ne Mireu ssi."

“I found her. I just met her…” she said. His heart skipped a beat. “She works in De Novo Restaurant. ” she added.

“A-are you s-serious?” his voice stumbled.

“I am serious. I know how you were in pain and I know this is not a joke!” she said.

After got Mireu’s phone called Jiyong excused himself from recording and headed towards the company elevator. He was going to meet her. Jiyong quickly pressed the button to go to the seventh floor and tapped his foot as the elevator slowly rose, irritating him as it seemed to slow down. He took a few breaths, "Calm Jiyong. Calm." He closed his eyes and started to do the breathing exercises his therapist had taught him. For some reason, the thought of meeting Kalin again was angering him and filling him with excitement. Was that possible? The ding of the elevator stopped him and he quickly walked out, strutting to YG's office. He lightly knocked on the door, whenever he was near YG, he grew nervous.

"Come in." He did as told and slightly opened the door, only enough for him to squeeze through. After closing it behind him he took a seat in front of YG's desk and the CEO smiled, "How can I help you Jiyong?"

Jiyong chewed on his bottom lip. Though his heart was racing from the nerves, it had to be done. "Can I suggest a restaurant for tonight's YG Family dinner?"

YG looked bewildered and rested his forearms on the desk, "A last minute change? Jiyong that's absurd."

Jiyong took a few deep breaths and he nervously smiled, "Can't this be like a favour? It's the first one I've asked for since I've been working for you." YG sighed and leaned back in his chair. Though he didn't want to cause trouble for the planned venue, Jiyong had rarely asked YG of anything other than to listen to his songs and see if they were okay. YG wanted to know why, but knowing the BIGBANG leader, he didn't like to be questioned.

YG sighed once more and nodded, "Alright. What is the restaurant called?" Jiyong's smile grew wide as he straightened up in his chair.

"De Novo."

Kalin straightened her blouse and watched as the staff lined up at the door. There was a line of customers waiting at the front door, almost going around the block. The staff hand finished rolling out the red carpet that led to the front desk and stood on it, facing the glass door of the restaurant. Staff members straightened their uniforms and chefs stretched, waiting for the first order. Kalin looked at the giant clock, 5:59 pm. Just one more minute to open. Kalin called the attention of the staff and smiled while doing a little fist pump, "Fighting!" The staff broke out into smiles as they witnessed their bosses' random cheer. Everyone repeated her action, "De Novo, fighting!" Kalin kept her eyes glued to the door, a slight smile on her face. Restaurant who were also located on the same street watched in envy as the line to De Novo was getting more and more hyped up. As the clock struck 6, the two men closest to the door grabbed the handles and opened it as if the queen was about to walk out. Kalin smiled as the first four customers stepped in,

"Welcome to De Novo!" Customers streamed in and one waiter or waitress was immediately at their service. Jae and his team had started helping with the drinks but they would have to go upstairs to serve YGE once they arrived.

Haerin started to freak out as photographers were piling to catch a glimpse of the YG Family dinner. Security was called as the snoopy photographers almost came into the restaurant. Kalin stayed near the entrance to greet the guests when they arrived, 6:53 pm. Their reservation was in seven minutes, but they were okay if they wanted to come early. YG staff members had already arrived so now it was just the artists and YG himself. It was rumoured that the CEO would be bringing along his beloved family. Kalin's hands began to lightly shake as all she could think about was what Jiyong was going to do once he spotted her. She squinted her eyes to see exactly who had arrived and thankfully it was just Lee Hi, One and Akmu. They approached Kalin she bowed, "Good evening and welcome to De Novo." They smiled as Kalin led them inside, to the circular staircase to get to the top floor.

After a few minutes, she had seated Winner, iKon, Dara, CL, Blackpink and YG actors and actresses under the YG name. Once again the cameras had flashed madly and the rumours were correct, YG had brought along his wife and kid. Somehow Kalin could imagine Jae and herself starting a family; was it told far fetched to think that way? She led the family to their table and knew one more burst was left – make that five. She anxiously tapped her foot, she had to be professional.

A Van had pulled up and her heart sped up, it was happening. The valet parker had opened the door for the idols and soon Seungri stepped out, looking as confident as ever. Then Taeyang, TOP and Daesung stepped out from the back seats and they straightened out any wrinkles on their clothes and Kalin knew who was next. Jiyong stepped out the last. Jiyong and Kalin made eye contact for a split second as they approached her but she quickly looked down at the ground. Once the five were in front of her she bowed, "Welcome to De Novo, I'll be taking you to your seats." She spun around on her heel and walked towards the inside of the restaurant, but the five remained frozen.

Seungri nudged Jiyong, "Hyung...is that Kalin?"

TOP shook his head, "It can't be."

Daesung closed his eyes shut and opened them, "It looks like her."

Taeyang took off his sunglasses, "It really does look like her."

Jiyong smirked, "It is her. Let's go." They mindlessly obliged as they watched the woman they once knew sway her hips as she walked. “Mireu found her” and made the other members gasped.

The female customers began to squeal and take out their cell phones once more, trying to get the attention of the BIGBANG members. But Jiyong kept his eyes on the back of Kalin, she would be the only one with his attention tonight. As she seated the members in front of YG's family, she bowed one last time, "I'll get some waiters to cater to your needs. Enjoy your evening." She rushed away from the large group, to waiting staff members. Everyone but Jiyong were looking through the menu, but his eyes were only on her. He observed her closely, she was wearing a plain white dress shirt and a tight black pencil skirt with high heels. Her hair was a dark brown, different shades of brown as highlights. Her skin was a milky white, absolutely flawless.

Seungri nudged him, "Hyung, order something." Jiyong snapped out of his thoughts and his eyes skimmed over the menu quickly, stopping at a picture of spaghetti. "Seafood Spaghetti in Cream Sauce."

The waitress nodded and headed to the kitchen to place the orders. Jiyong's eyes scanned through the top floor in search for the woman he wanted, and stopped to see her at the bar. He squinted his eyes in hopes to s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter