Cold Feet

The Bad Girl's Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite all the crazy Mina had to go with me, even though she didn't have to, I'm surprised she's still keeping it all together. I can't recall the last time a girl has stuck around with me for this long and a decent one, to say the least. She's every golden girl that you would see in movies. The one with the seamless hair, hot bod, and great face, not to mention top in her class. It's a picture-perfect vision of every girl wishes to be. To think that a girl who is beauty plus brains, what was she thinking when out of seven billion to be with, she decided to waste her time with me.

 

There isn't an easy way to say this but I've had a rough past. My parents died on a plane crash when I was little and E'Dawn had to raise me on my own. You would think that we'd have relatives who are more than willing to take us in. But my family was full of greed, all about that money. My entire family is dumb rich to the core. And they aren't that good at sharing what's theirs.

 

I'm not saying that's where my bad behavior stemmed from. My parents were really humble people, always lending a helping hand whenever. For now, I will just say that one person is the reason I am the way I am. But I don't want to be this way. 

 

"How do I look?"

 

I do a small spin, showing off what my outfit was for tonight. Mina had agreed to go with me and I didn't give her any spoilers on what we would be doing. Nothing too fancy, just a casual night out that will hopefully end well for the both of us.

 

"Ridiculous."

 

Jeongyeon stood in the middle of my room with her arms folded, criticizing me like that single aunt that only comes to family dinners just to see how her life is better than everyone's.

 

Her one-worded answer made my jaw drop, expecting her to agree with what I decided on wearing. There wasn't anything wrong with a plain grey tee with a wolf on the front with some denim ripped jeans and black vans. I examined the outfit myself, taking a look in the mirror.

 

"What's wrong with it?" Trying to find what could be so bad about it, I gave a hard look at myself. Maybe it's my face that Jeongyeon was going to point out.

 

"You look like you're going to take her to a rusty old pub to play pool." Jeongyeon sat on my bed, crossing her legs and staring at me struggling to find the error in my outfit.

 

"It's just a simple night out in the town, Jeongyeon. We're not going to the MET Gala." I rolled my eyes, turning to face Jeongyeon who had the same annoyed face.

 

She held her hands up in the defeat, looking away from me. "Alright. Up to you. But don't say I didn't warn you when she decides to cancel because you look like an edgy tumblr kid who smokes because it’s an “aesthetic” and ran away from home because they wanted to be independent." Jeongyeon quotes the last word with her fingers, mockingly.

 

Scoffing and rolling my eyes again, I check the time on my phone. Mina didn't need to be picked up until an hour more. The jitters start to get to me, forcing my feet to move back and forth my room

 

"Woah woah. Slow down, partner. You seem worse than when you went to that Panic! At The Disco concert."

 

Jeongyeon was spot-on with that observation. Last time, I couldn't even speak for the fact that it's practically been ages since I last went on a date. I've had so many hook-ups that my brain couldn't rack a memory of a person that my happiness was based on.

 

"I already made a plan on where we would go—holy —I'm actually MAKING PLANS. What the hell." My pacing got quicker, giving Jeongyeon headaches by just watching my dread grow worse.

 

"Yeah." Jeongyeon stared up at me, not being able to say anything. We were both panicking as time goes by.

 

After my anxiety calmed down, I sat beside Jeongyeon on my bed, placing my elbows on my thighs. I stared at the ground in silence.

 

"This is insane."

 

Using a more sarcastic tone, Jeongyeon looked at me. "Yeah."

 

I scoot half of my body back to give her an insulted look. She chuckles to try and settle my tension, shrugging her shoulders.

 

"Ya know. You're not helping."

 

"Sorry. I just never thought I'd be in this situation with you."

 

Neither would I see myself basically freaking out over a simple night out, or that is what I would call it. I wouldn't technically call it a date, which would be much fancier than this.

 

"You're right...You think I should cancel?"

 

"And break the poor girl's heart?" Jeongyeon gasped, putting a hand over her chest. "Chaeng, you wouldn't dare."

 

We both chuckled at her mocking my basic persona. I shake my head, staring at the ground. If I had enough balls to constantly have one night stands and avoid showing my face to paparazzi, then I had enough balls to go out tonight with Mina. Just the two of us.

 

"Time for you to pick her up." Jeongyeon patted my back, giving me the strength I didn't know I needed.

 

Taking the deepest breath my semi-healthy lungs could gather, I imagine that releasing it out would reduce the nerves. My hands began to sweat this time. Getting up, Jeongyeon tosses me my black leather jacket and I catch it.

 

"Have fun on your date!" She calls out to me as I dash down my stairs.

 

"It's not a da—ah it." There's no use in trying to argue with that girl. She wouldn't be able to hear me by now once I reached the first floor of the house. With any luck, she doesn't forget to lock up the place before leaving. All the maids are out on paid vacation.

 

I didn't have the time to think which car I wanted to take out tonight. Clicking the button to unlock my Audi, it beeps cheerfully. I walked around to driver's side.

 

"Hey! I better not see you in the slammer tonight!" Jeongyeon called out from a second floor window.

 

If anything, I would make sure to be extra careful. Getting arrested is the last thing I wanted to do tonight and I wasn't about to ruin anything for Mina. Opening my car door, I look up and flip her the bird, chuckling to myself. Jeongyeon smiles and sticks her head back in the house once I hop into my seat.

 

I check myself in the mirror, making sure that I wasn't looking like a piece of trash.

 

"What am I doing?" Firmly gripping the steering wheel, my mind wanders off.

 

"Me? On a date?" It was difficult to process it. Mina would the second girl that I take on a date. Never in a million years would I see myself doing something like this again. It's been awhile.

 

"It's crazy, right?" Expecting my reflection to suddenly talk back to me like in a Disney movie.

 

Reaching a red light, I groan and bang my head against the steering wheel several times. The one time it hits the horn and I jolt up in my seat. I brace for impact, telling myself that this is the reality of it and I would just have to it up. It wasn't a big deal and certainly not the end of the world. Tonight is going to be solely for fun. Mina's gonna love what I have in store.

 

"Oh god. I'm even wondering if she's gonna like the stuff I planned."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana opens the door, unbothered as I flash her my best smile.

“Looks like we're going through this rodeo again, Chaeyoung." She gives me a sharp look. Why am I nervous all of a sudden? I've been to their place before.

 

Giving a half grin, I step inside as he closes the door, petting a large white cat. Turning to see what she was doing, I find that Sana's also looking back at me, her high nose s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter