Yes or Yes

The Bad Girl's Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another beautiful morning. That's what I would hope for as I got out of my same old bed and did my same old routine. If you all haven't noticed yet. My life is extremely humdrum, I don't have many friends or go out much to social events like parties. The only other people I hang out with is Sana and Vanna since they've been there for me since day one. Plus, they're my annoying cousins and I'm burdened to have them in my life until the day I die which is very unfortunate because I think I'm gonna die soon.

The morning light hits me like a ton of bricks, blinding me for a minute. Groaning, I stretch my arms and legs out as I turn over on my bed, relaxing from the bodily high that was emitted out of my system. My bones relax in the process and it takes me a few minutes before I could get back my eyesight. Not that the sun was any help.

Just like any other normal teenager would, my phone is the first thing that falls into my hands and it takes me to Twitter. The blue bird greets me as I scroll through endless of stack of benighted tweets . Except for an article that catches my eyes. It isn't everyday that I read the news. That's a lie because that's how I keep myself up to date in case a sudden zombie apocalypse were to occur.

Chaeyoung's name was in plain sight and I knew that majority of the time when news involves her, nothing good was to come of it. They weren't really a fan of hers for awhile and it's not like I could blame them for her misdemeanor.

A tired sigh goes through my pillow, hitching it up to cover half of my face. I always wake up an hour before getting ready just to spend it online. The tea could be somewhere hot and spewing and I'd be the last one to know about it. It's not that I'd want to get into it, just being in-the-know is enough for teens these days. I shift around, messing up my bed to make it harder for me to fix later on.

"What did Chaeyoung do this time?"

A video pops up and I click on it, hitting play. Paparazzis swarm around her like a pack of mosquitos, wanting to her dry for answers. She's walking out of a Starbucks holding her drink. Staring at her worn out face shielded by sunglasses makes me realize how much people breathed down her neck everyday. Her parents aren't in the picture anymore and it's just her brother who goes for month-long tours. She’s like a barren soul wandering in the crowd of troubled teens, going about where she doesn't belong. Her skin is ghostly pale and even if she didn't remove her shades, there would have traces of eye bags from lack of sleep.

"Chaeyoung, what's the update with your brother, E’Dawn?"


"I don't know. Why don't you go bother him in Europe?"

She attempts to head for her car which is parked a bit away from the establishment. Bad choice knowing there'd be paps following her all the time. Every step Chaeyoung takes, they double it.

"Why did you cancel your shoot with Louis Vuitton?"


"If it isn't meant to be, don't force it."


One of the reporters sticking a microphone in the circle stops in his tracks, dumbfounded with her reply.

"She didn't...even answer my question."

Another pauses with him to give a pat on the shoulder. I quickly bust out a hearty gloat, feeling sorry for that one. Too bad that the camera got a sight of that interaction in the back of the rest of the reporters that kept up with Chaeyoung all the way to her car.

"Is it true that you were caught again with another random bimbo from the club? The photos that were leaked are extremely detailed."

That question seemed to caught Chaeyoung off guard and let go of her drink. It was her favorite blend. The reporters were so focused on gaining on her that they nearly all crashed into her when she abruptly came to a halt.

"," Muttered the ignoramus who asked her the question.

What struck me is that she's gotten worse ones that those so there shouldn't be a reason why she'd lash out on him for this.

"You self-proclaimed 'reporters', she air quotes, "of all people, should know that there are always two sides to the story."

Leaving them stumped in their place in the emptying Starbucks parking lot, Chaeyoung grabs her keys from her back pocket. Raising her hands up with a sour expression on her face, she hops into the vehicle.

"I don't have time for this."

Revving her car out of the lot, reporters continue to snap pictures of her. The tires screech for a second, leaving trail marks. These paparazzis would literally die just to get whatever looks presentable to the table first but leave out the facts.

"Well..that's enough internet for today."

Putting down my phone, I swing my legs over my bed to find my slippers. It's too early in the morning to decide whether it's going to be a good day or not. Depending on how I make of it would be the fix to that problem.

Sana and Vanna have always had a problem with attendance since pre-school so I'd say that I have a decent amount of time to pamper myself before their arrival to pick me up. Either them or Chaeyoung have been my ride home and my car's just sitting in my family's garage unless I decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter