Panic! At The Heartbeat

The Bad Girl's Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Twins and I just came back from shopping. It has been an hour and we haven't moved a muscle. Well, those two haven't. I was pacing my room, walking around and worrying about every little thing that I could possibly do to ruin this "date." Was this date official? No it isn't. It's my repayment to Chaeyoung for displeasing her. Gosh I am so lame and for doing something a bit outrageous like asking the most popular chick in school just because I did something she didn't like.

 

Sana nearly wiped out all the stores from their make up supplies, dresses, and shoes. The sales clerks and everyone else in the mall gave us weird stares as Sana paraded everywhere, squealing excitedly and uttering stuff about how Chaeyoung should marry me on the spot once she sees what I look like for our date. That would be something I'd love to witness myself.

 

"Alright, Mina, dearest. Please sit your down so I can start picking out the gorgeous outfit that'll, this time, make Chaeyoung really beg for you."

 

It was already 5:03 PM and I was still getting ready for the little 'date' I planned with Chaeyoung. What was I going to wear? How was I going to act? Will she like what I planned? I hope I don't screw up anything. I was deadly head over heels infatuated with Chaeyoung Son.

 

"Girl, chill the out, alright? You gon' be fiiiine. Coz me is gon' make you look fiiiine for Chaeyoung," Sana said, knitting her brows together while looking at me pacing my room back and forth worrying.

 

I nervously laughed. She was still funny though. I just was too focus on what could go wrong.

 

Vanna shook her head and playfully punched Sana in the arm. Sana whined loudly then pretended to fake that she was badly hurt, rubbing her arm.

 

"Sis, you need to take a chill pill too!"

 

Vans snorted a laugh. "Sana, stop talking like you're all that because you're not."

 

Sana pouted at her. "Alright. Alright." She then let out a sneer towards her. "Don't need to be an ."

 

Sana turned back to me. "Let's do something about your outfit, honey."

 

She got up from my bed, walking to my closet and throwing some outfits away.

 

“Nope." She threw a pair of jeans away.

 

“Nu-uh." A blouse that I don't even remembering getting was thrown out.

 

“Blegh. Hell nah." One of my favorite sweaters hit the floor.

 

I saw it and gasp, quickly dashing over to it and grasped it into my hands. "WHAT?! This is one of my favorite sweaters, Sana."

 

Sana turned her head around. Her face was still blank, like as if she was looking off to somewhere else. She looked at me and the sweater and laughed. "I can see why."

 

The sweater I held was maroon colored. On it said "Find the x." Then a picture of a triangle with 12 for length and 3 for width and the x on the height was labeled on it. More words followed saying "Duh it's right here." With the plain letter x circled.

 

I frowned, staring at it. Then I looked up and glared at Sana. "Ugh. You're just jealous because I have a higher GPA and IQ than you."

 

"I don't need to be smart to get myself a woman, child." Sana snickered, rummaging through my closet for five more minutes. She did have a point there for a second but that really wasn't THE POINT.

 

She pulled out a rich red colored v neck, a pink knit skirt, and a brown leather jacket and matching boots. Honestly, I would've picked something a little more...casual than this. I guess this is as casual as it gets from Sana's point of view anyway.

 

"Time for the hair. Do you want it straight as it is or you want me to use some magic?"

 

"Nothing fancy, Sana. Jeez." I chuckled, looking at myself in the mirror. Taking a real good look at myself. I sighed deeply, blowing a piece of brown hair away.

 

"Bahh...I'll just do something simple." Sana began to take my hair into her hands and braided it neatly. Later on, she stood up and looked around for a bit. She saw Vanna sitting on my bed with her phone in her hands.

 

"Vanna Banana, please hand me the hair spray. Where is it, baby?"

 

Vanna looked up from her phone. "Oh. Uhh...I have no idea where it is."

 

Sana groaned and turned back to me. "Where'd you put your hair spray, Honey Boo Bear?"

 

I rolled my eyes playfully and scoffed. "In my drawer."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I combed my hand through my brown locks. It was wavy and bouncy. I wondered if Chaeyoung would really like it. She probably lowered her standards just for me.

 

"Mina, she would go gaga over you. Who wouldn't? You're such a work of art." Vanna looked at me admiringly.

 

I smiled brightly at Vanna. "Thanks, Van."

 

Checking myself in the mirror, all I could think about was Chaeyoung and whether or not she would like the way I looked tonight. Also I wondered if she'd like the surprise I did for the little date. I only wanted to impress a complete goddess. But my head was probably going deeper than the gutters.

 

Sana playfully smacked Vanna's arm as she laughed loudly. "Aww I'm just kidding, Sana-Bear. You know I only have eyes for you."

 

Sana's pout faded away and she smiled lightly at Vanna. "Damn right you do!" Vanna laughed loudly again. I smiled at them. They were really cute together even if they were sisters.

 

The doorbell suddenly rang. That indicated that Chaeyoung was waiting outside my doorstep. I better not keep her waiting. She might get impatient and leave. I didn't want that. She has other things to do. More important things.

 

"Oh my gosh! Chaeyoung Son is waiting for me on my porch! I can't breathe! Guys! Where is my inhaler?!? Shizz!" I started waving my hands in my face frantically.

 

"Breathe, Mina. Breathe," Vanna tried to calm me down.

 

I'm overreacting. Get a hold of yourself, Mina.

 

"I shall go get the door. Maybe conversing with her before your date is best," Sana said on the way out of my room.

 

I raised an eyebrow at her, quite surprised by her choice of words and the way she talked. She never talks like that. "Shall? Conversing? Since when did your vocabulary expand, Ms. English Professor?"

 

"Well I should be the first one to see if this girl's right for my little cousin, right?" Sana smugly smiled and went downstairs.

 

Vanna looked at me and patted my head. "You'll be fine, sweetie. If she does anything you don't like, there's pepper spray in your jacket pocket."

 

I giggled, nodding my head. Sana and Vanna were always my favorite cousins. We were really close. I love their company.

 

"Honey Boo Bear, your date is here!"

 

I groaned, cursing at Sana in my head, knowing that Chaeyoung clearly heard that. I already felt embarrassed. What if Chaeyoung thinks I'm bizarre with even weirder cousins? She won't like me. I never really thought about if she even liked m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter