Article 1 in a Million

The Bad Girl's Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You ever feel like you were the epitome of bad luck? Nothing seems to go your way and no matter how you try your hardest to swish and turn and heads with destiny, you're gonna end up exactly where you DON'T want to be. That little stunt that Jeongyeon pulled last night was totally uncalled for.

There wasn't any reason why she should've done that. Eventually, I was going to introduce Mina to her and the rest of the gang. What was her deal anyways with that crap? Is she scared that Jihyo was going to bust my for it? It's not like I'm not allowed to be in a relationship (although, I'm not nor ever will, like I stated about a million times). Jihyo has no say in anything that I decide to do with my free time if I'm not out there shucking weed for her and the tumbleweed of a group.

When I drove Mina back home, I stayed in her room for a little while to apologize for what happened on the street. She didn't look bothered by it which makes me more curious about what those two talked about. I've been burning up inside just thinking about it. Jeongyeon could've said some awful about me to make Mina dislike me. Why would I care anyways? It's not like Mina's opinion of me mattered. My thoughts weren't in the same room as me.

"Minari, holy . I don't even know where to begin with Jeongyeon. This ain't how I planned it. I had nothing to do with this—"

Sweat started to form on my forehead. The air was tighter as I continued to ramble gibberish, a language that only tiny mice would be able to communicate with.

"Woah Woah. Easy there, tiger. I know you didn't. And it's okay." Mina stepped forehead, easing both of her hands down my shoulders it relaxed my nerves and they fell to her soothing movements. My reflexes were either too slow or rather instinctual.

"Did.. Did Jeongyeon talk about me back there? Did she touch you? Really, tell me I won't be mad. Maybe a bit pissed off but nothing too over the top."

 

Mina giggled, her pearly whites shining against the moonlight that went through her window. Her face looked perfectly illuminated in this lighting. I almost forgot that it was already 4 in the morning. She needed to get her sleep, or I only wanted her to.

"Jeongyeon and I had a...lovely chat about some very important stuff that I needed to know."

"Important stuff? Like what?"

The only response that she gave me was a bop on the nose and pushing me out the window from where I came from. Although the night was close the ending, our conversation was only put on pause. It was nowhere finished, my questions still had to be answered. Who knows what Jeongyeon could've said to Mina? For all I knew, Jeongyeon said some ty stuff about me to make me look bad...or as bad as my reputation could get. From how the air filled up the night sky, something tells me that wasn't the last I would hear from Jeongyeon the Authoritarian.

As my motorcycle fled farther away from Mina's home, my mind drew nearer to the thought of her. With the time on my watch nearing to five, it was better of me to not go to some pub to relieve myself of all this thinking. Wise decisions were never a thing I'd consider doing and it was a great distraction (technically, my only one) to numb myself of any feelings. I resulted to drinking a whole bottle of scotch in my room until I passed out.

Morning came and I could barely open my eyes, light blaring through the cracks of my curtains. Seconds later, my phone starts ringing. A FaceTime request from Dahyun popped up and I swiped to answer it, not caring if my face looked like a raccoon.

"Sup, Dubu," refusing to open my eyes to greet her.

"Judging from the way you look right now, I think it's possible f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter