Cage the Tigress

The Bad Girl's Good Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was pass the time that I usually sleep. I have a strict schedule set up for myself. With my extreme case of OCD, it's inevitable that I work my way out of this nuisance in my life. The only reason I started to try to control my OCD instead of letting it control me was because of Chaeyoung. I watched her YouTube covers and seen a lot of her modeling and read almost every magazine with her face on the cover. It's apparent that besides my obsessive compulsive disorder, I was obsessed and compelled over Chaeyoung Son.

Speaking of the one-sided love that I grovel over that isn't too entirely unrequited as people would expect it to be, Chaeyoung told me that Jeongyeon and the gang planned to meet up and she didn't want to leave me alone. That was the most sincerity I've gotten from her this entire week. I didn't know whether to call what we have going on right now 'good luck' but that's exactly the opposite of what's with us. She hasn't been returning most of my calls and her texts are shorter than I am which I don't really mind. There are things in her life going on that I don't need to know all the details of.

A few days ago, she asked me to if I wanted to formally meet her friends, who were in the middle of some secretive business that I wasn't supposed to see. The only thing I know about them is that they're from the south side of town which is only a few miles from where their little shack was located.

The impenetrable rain is gushing out hard tonight. It should be a good time to fall asleep to the sound of it. My head phones were in, playing one of Mozart's greatest pieces, piano concerto no. 21. Something to ease the stress from the week and to allow to carry on with next week. A reverberation started coming from the window, something like a tapping. Setting my laptop on the side and got up to investigate.

The moment I reached the window, a silhouette shot up in my view, making me scream and jump back to fall flat on my .

"..wha..What the ?!"

When the silhouette fully showed itself, I recovered and was back on my feet but my heart continued to hammer against my chest for a bit longer.

"Are you just going to stand there and not open up?"

Chaeyoung climbed through and made herself at home right away.

"Woah. Watch your profanity there, Miss Arabella." Chaeyoung chuckled as she sat on my desk chair, supporting her chin with her fist.

"In the words of William Shakespeare's A Midnight Summer Night's Dream, Act 2, Scene 1, Page 3...what thy actual ."

She laughed harder, clutching her stomach as she kicked the chair back. It would be a one in 500th chance if she actually knew the lines to what I just quoted.

"What a rebel. Let's go for a ride."

"I...Now? Right now?"

"Yup."

"Really." I'm impressed with all the functions this girl had going on. Her ambitious imaginations were endless and it was an unavoidable that I go along with her. I folded my arms across my chest to act apprehensive in front of her all-black-clothing-don't-give-two-s attitude. "At nearly 2 in the morning?"

"You know how I do things around here, babygirl." It was her turn to become intimidating, which she ha don trouble in pulling off.

"Come on. I have my bike outside."

I overlooked how much taller she was than me when she got up. Her priggish little look couldn't cover up the truth that she was any less delicate than she pretended not to be.

Did I have any other alternative? It's not like I could say no to her. Actually, I have all the right in the world but I chose not to. I didn't have time to decline her offer since she begun opening my window and climbing back down from the tree to the ground. Shaking my head at the normal antics, she's gotten me to take an interest in, I followed after Chaeyoung.

Her motorcycle was hiding in secret behind the tree that had a branch long ample to reach into my window. That is, however, she was able to get in. There wouldn't simply be a ladder haphazardly lying around like what happens in the movies. It'd be clear as day to see it, but surely enough, everybody in the neighborhood was sound asleep.

We managed to induce farther away from town and into the bustling city. The lights were extraordinarily spectacular-looking, a couple of cars making their way past us. Chaeyoung was moving between the little crevices, giving me a mini attack on every occasion I believe we'd get squished like cockroaches. Chaeyoung would scream and holler on every occasion we had a tendency to zipped through, telling me to keep score. It's seven, so far.


Occasionally stopping at an open cafe to get bread and crisps. At this point, I could've sworn I detected sirens, assuming that somebody just committed a criminal offense close by. The sirens drew in and we then realized that a police car was chasing after us. Chaeyoung better not get any entertaining thoughts. I would prefer not to get into a sword fight with the law at this moment or whenever.

"Pull over, idiot." My voice was suppressed against the helmet.

Chaeyoung had awful hearing, by one means or another taking what I said and transforming that into a test. No time or place did I say for her to get the speed to piss the police off. She was in a dangerous situation, giving the cop a decided look before grasping on more tightly to the handle. The window was rolled up, in addition, it was dark so we both couldn't see him. Presumably, he was reviling Chaeyoung off.

"Just this once, Minari."

"Chaeyoung Grace Son, I swear in the name of the lord, don't make m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter