Look at me

Dreams of us

Cold. That was the first impression people had of Bae Irene, the Ice Princess of the school. Despite the cold front she puts on, people still line up to woo her, worshipping the ground she stepped on.

Bae Irene had her group of friends. Or as her suitors call it, the protection circle. While Wendy and Seulgi were all talk no action, the other two were a completely different story. Jung San or more commonly known as San E was the living proof that evil came in the form of two girls, Joy and Yeri.

Unbeknownst to Irene and only Irene, Wendy had always harboured a huge crush on her. Irene's suitors were all jealous of Wendy for being able to get close to her crush. But to Wendy, it was almost like a sign. A sign to tell her that she was destined to be Irene's friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

It doesn't help that most of Irene's suitors had lots to offer. Expensive gifts, popularity and fancy dates that people could only dream of. Of course, Irene wasn't materialistic, but Wendy knew that she deserved the world. And Wendy herself also knew that she had nothing but her love to offer. She felt unworthy, her love was pathetic in her eyes.

Someone like Park Bogum. He was perfect for Irene. Well mannered, an affluent background and good personality. Someone Irene was looking for, someone Irene would like. Not to mention, Park Bogum and Irene were childhood friends. They grew up in the same neighbourhood and even their parents knows each other. Which was a bonus for him. Irene probably liked him too.

'Irene-unnie, do you like anybody'

'Maybe...', the older could only blush as she looked away.

At that moment, Wendy's heart shattered. Just a little. Because she had always known that Irene would never look at her that way. Irene was out of her league, like how the Sun chased the Moon, the distance between them never gets shorter.

Son Wendy is known as the sweetheart of the school. Bright personality paired with an equally bright smile. 'Never Give Up' was her motto. Was. Because she was planning to let go of her crush on Irene.

'Irene-unnie, I need to talk to you'

'Yes?', she looked up from the book she was reading with a curious expression.

'Do you like Park Bogum?'

'Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?', the older's brows furrowed.

'Because I will give up if you do'. The older was confused as her mind went blank. Did Wendy like him?

'Huh', that was the only thing the older could muster as she didn't know how to react to that revelation.

'I'm giving up, Unnie'. The younger said slowly this time round.

'O-on what?' The older stuttered out.

'You, unnie. I'm going to give up on you', the older stayed silent while the younger one continued.

'I have always liked you. I know I don't have anything to give you like all the others who are courting you. You are too perfect for someone like me.' Irene's eyes widened, but she still stayed silent.

'Sorry to disturb your study session, Irene-unnie. I will leave now. Forget everything I said...' she mumbled as she turned to leave.

Wendy felt her tears well up. She shouldn't have told Irene that. Now their friendship was in ruins. And she could only blame herself. 

She started walking away from Irene before someone pushed her against the hard wall. It was Irene. She looked down in half embarrassment and half despair. Irene was probably angry at her confession. Or disgusted even.

' Son Seungwan, look at me' 

Wendy shook her head before Irene pulled her chin up and kissed her. Her eyes widened in shock before it fluttered close.

As they seperated, Irene leaned in again for a hug.

'You are perfect Son Seungwan. I like you too.'

 

 

A/N: Sorry if it ended too abruptly! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.