Fabric Softener Pt 1

Dreams of us

*Irene doesn't appear till part 2*

 

'MOMMY!!!', a toddler exclaimed as she ran towards her Mother on her short legs, stumbling just before she reach the safe embrace of her Mother. Falling flat on her face.

She got up like nothing happened before, skipping towards her Mother with a toothless grin.

'Seungwan-ah, didn't I tell you that you are not allowed to run in the house?' Jessica frowned as she checked Seungwan's body for any injuries.

'Sowryy' Seungwan pouted as she looked down. That pout was irresistable, hence Jessica gave in.

'Don't do that again baby.' Jessica assured Seungwan as she patted her softly on the head.

'Why are you so happy, Seungwan-ah?', Jessica asked. While it wasn't uncommon for her ball of fluff to act this way, Jessica was curious. Curious because it was Saturday and Seungwan could only see Joohyun on Monday. There was no reason for Seungwan to be this happy without the other toddler.

'Mommy, I wan go shupermarkit.' Seungwan  pouted again. And Jessica was only weak for two people in this world. Her beloved wife, Tiffany and her little sunshine, Seungwan.

'Does my little Seungwan want to go to the supermarket?' Jessica asked as she squeezed her daughter's puffy cheeks.

Seungwan tried to pry off the pair of hands squeezing her cheeks but of course, Jessica was stronger. Seeing the slight frown on Seungwan's face, she slowly let go of those puffy cheeks as she pecked both cheeks in apology.

'Me not lwittle! Seungwan big!' Seungwan replied indignantly as she motioned with her tiny hands, both hands spreaded widely.

'And yesh. I wan go to shupermarkit' Seungwan started shaking Jessica's arm as she swayed left and right.

'Fine fine. I will go get changed first ok?' Jessica bent down and pecked Seungwan's forehead before she left to change.

'Fashter' Seungwan bellowed from her spot. Seungwan was ecstatic. She had one goal in mind. Seungwan was going to be Joohyun's favourite person.


Seungwan happily sang along to songs that both Jessica and Tiffany carefully selected. No curse words and obviously no songs with suggestive innuendos. They chose songs like...

'Cosh I, I know how chu make the thevel cry'

'Lub you till kingtom com'

'Paypi one of thesh daysh, one of thesh yearsh'

Seungwan happily bounced in her seat as they saw the gigantic sign of the mall to their right. 

Jessica carefully held Seungwan's hand as they slowly walked to the supermarket. Jessica felt a small hand tugging her to a particular section. The laundry section.

'Mommy! I wan a pabic shoftiner' Seungwan then pointed at one of the many sprays stored on the shelf.

Ah... Seohyun and Yoona had told Tiffany and her about Joohyun's newest obsession just last week. Laundry. 


Jessica was lounging on her couch as she waited for Tiffany to lull Seungwan to sleep. Tiffany then quietly exited Seungwan's room as she slowly walked towards the couch. Just as Tiffany was about to sit down, her phone rang.

'Tiffany unnie! It's Seohyun here. I'm afraid I will have to cancel our brunch tomorrow.' 

'Why? Did something happen?' Tiffany asked, eyes full of worry.

'Ah. It's just that Joohyun kind of spoiled our washing machine, so we have to get a new one as soon as possible.' 

'Little Joohyun did that?' Tiffany asked, voice tinted with slight amusement. 

'She's recently obssesed with the washing machine. Thank god she got over her Iron obssesion. Though I can't say that her fixation on the washing machine is any better.' Tiffany could hear Seohyun's sigh over the phone.

'You can still leave Joohyun with me tomorrow while you and Yoong can go shopping.' 

'It's fine Unnie. Joohyun is grounded for the weekend. Can't let her have fun when she did something wrong right?' Tiffany chuckled before she replied.

'I'll let Seungwan know tomorrow then! Don't scold Joohyun too much kay?'

Tiffany heard a 'Ok, Unnie' before she hung up and told Jessica about it. 


'Which brand do you want Seungwan-ah?' Jessica bent down and asked Seungwan face to face.

'I wan the shoftiner that smew like Hyunnie' Seungwan replied.

'Then how does Hyunnie smell like?' Jessica asked as she scanned through all the available smells from the fabric softener shelf.

'Hyunnie smews bery nish, she smews like fluwers' Seungwan replied with a bright smile.

'I wan smew like Hyunnie.' Seungwan continued as she tried smelling a fabric softener from the shelf. (Of course, the fabric softener was still sealed. So there was no smell'

'Does Hyunnie use this one?' Jessica asked as she chosed one of the lavender scented softeners. She discreetly looked left and right to make sure that there was nobody around her before she broke the seal. She sprayed a small amount of the softener onto her shirt before she gestured Seungwan to smell that part of her shirt.

'Noooo not thish one' Seungwan pouted with a frown.

'Why must they use a different softener?' Jessica mumbled to herself, grumbling about the couple's choice of fabric softeners.

Jessica looked around before she spotted another flower based softener. She did the same thing again, except on a different side of her shirt.

'Is it this one?' Jessica asked once again. Seungwan shook her head before she frowned again.

Jessica proceeded to break the seal of other softeners and got Seungwan to smell them for almost an hour. However, none of them was what Seungwan was looking for.

With no choice, she picked up her phone and dialed Yoona's number.

'Yoong, which fabric softener does Joohyun like?' Jessica asked right away as soon as Yoona pucked up the phone.

'Seohyun buys them. Why?' 

'So do you know or not?' Jessica asked irritatedly as she started to shake her legs unconsciously.

'The purple one that's lavender scented.'

'From velvet?' 

'Yup. That's the one'

'Ok. Bye' Jessica quickly hung up the phone and stared at a particular fabric softener.

'Seungwan-ah, try smelling this again.' She grabbed a softener and sprayed it on her shirt sleeve. (Her shirt ran out of space to spray)

'Yesh!!! Thish one' Seungwan jumped up and down with enthusiasm as they finally found the one.

'Seungwan-ah, this is the first one we tried...'  Jessica deadpanned as she stared at Seungwan.

'No itsh not' Seungwan countered. She then dragged Jessica to the counter. 

The cashier stared suspiciously at Jessica as she neared the counter. The cashier sniffed then squinted at the softener Jessica was holding before she scanned the item. Jessica anxiously waited for the cashier to be done with that one item before she picked Seungwan up and brisked walked to her car.

'That was a close call.' Jessica exhaled loudly out of relief and drove off.

When they reached home, Seungwan quickly took the fabric softener and ran to her room. She tried to fit the softener into her hamster plush backpack but it was too big. She gave up and fit the lower half into the back pack, then covering the top part of it with the plastic bag.

'Hyunnie will lub me more now' Seungwan beamed.

 

 

A/N: I actually do that at the supermarket. I mean, if they don't provide a tester of sort, how would I know I'm buying something I want.

Next part is going to be about Seungwan giving Joohyun the fabric softener. Seungwan is going to be Joohyun's little hero the next update!