Silhouette

Dreams of us

TW: Death

 

It was raining. Joohyun stared at the busy silhouettes outside of the clouded window. She remembered that Seungwan used to sit beside her when it was raining. They would watch people come and go, guessing what those strangers were going to do, and where those strangers were going. Now, it was just her alone. Seungwan really left her.

Joohyun was used to Seungwan's presence.  She was scared of a lot of things - animals, height, water, but it didn't matter if Seungwan was there with her. She knew that Seungwan would protect her no matter what. And it slowly became a habit to look for Seungwan.

It was as if she could feel Seungwan. Whenever Seungwan was around, Joohyun would feel safe. When she closed her eyes, she could still smell Seungwan's scent lingering in the house, as though the latter was still here. Her eyes fluttered open only to find nothing, Seungwan brought everything away. She didn't leave anything for Joohyun to hold on to, it almost felt like, Seungwan never existed in her life. 

She wondered whether everything would change, if she could turn back time, to the day they first met. If she could go back to those times when they could still find traces of each other in the uncertain future. Would it have been different if they were more mature? Would they have a future together if she wasn't such a coward? Would Seungwan still be here watching the rain with her? 

No. It wouldn't have. They went through such an arduous path together, but sometimes, love doesn't always win.

"Unnie, I'm sorry. It's too hard." 

Seungwan's words still rings in her mind sometimes. Joohyun could still remember Seungwan's cries from that day. She wouldn't be able to forget anyways, because it's her Seungwan. Her precious Seungwan wouldn't have to go through so much if they didn't meet, if she didn't fall in love with Joohyun. 

It's time to move on, they say. Holding on to a past relationship had never been good for anyone, and Joohyun knows it. She wanted to savor one last moment of them before she leaves it all to her memories. 

Bae Joohyun unlocks her window and took a deep breath in. As she lets her breath out, a silhouette catches her eyes. It was Seungwan, gesturing Joohyun to go to her. She takes one last deep breath, and she jumps.

There was a myth that people would see their lives flash before their departure. All she could see was Seungwan's silhouettes smiling at her, in Bae Joohyun's last moments, she finally smiled.

 

Moving on was only a choice if Seungwan never appeared. But Bae Joohyun only wanted Son Seungwan.

 

 

P.S. It's been years since i wrote something, Do forgive me if my writing got worse.