(S)ecret admirer

Dreams of us

Bae Irene attracts people like how a mosquito is attracted by blood. Irene had many admirers, but none as persistent as S.

S had been sending her letters continuously for almost a year and counting. Unlike her other admirers, S did not reveal who she was. Though Irene already kind of knew the identity of S.

It had to be Son Wendy. The sunny foreigner, captain of the soccer team. There were too many evidences that leads to her.


1. The scent

The letters S sent her always had this unique smell to it. It was a weirdly pleasant combination of orange and mint. Not that Irene smelled the letters whenever she gets them. (totally not Irene's habit)

And guess what? Son Wendy smelled like that. Exactly like that. Just to confirm this theory of Wendy being S, Irene makes it a point to deliberately walk pass Wendy and subtly smell the Junior. (Irene did that too many times to be subtle, not that she knows)


2. The contents

The handwriting of the letter was cute. And Son Wendy was very cute, so it had to be her.

Most importantly, the writing. S had a lot of writing errors. Irene remembered those times when S spelled her name wrongly and Irene had to leave a post-it to correct the admirer. And since then, S started to write Irene's name correctly.

The time frame matches because, Wendy enrolled into the school just last year after she returned from Canada. 


3. S was clumsy

S was clumsy. S had revealed her own gender and her partial schedule to Irene before. Irene remembered the moment she started suspecting Wendy.

I'm sorry Irene sunbae, I wasn't able to give you the letter yesterday because my soccer practice ended late! I swear I will not miss a day in the future. Please trust me again!

Soccer practice was almost a giveaway. The female soccer team had their practice the day before. Though popular, the club only had a few selected members due to the soccer coach's high standards. 


4. Wendy was clumsy

Son Wendy was clumsy. Wendy would bump into people or even trip over her own shoes at least once a day. And Irene happened to be a victim. And that incident solidified her suspicion.

As Irene walked down the hallway, someone came running towards her at full speed. Irene's fast reflexes was of no use here since they crashed before she even processed what was happening.

It was Son Wendy. Irene then noticed the scattered items on the floor, all belonging to the junior. Irene helped her pick up her possessions before she came across a very very familiar letter. One that she receives on an almost daily basis.

Irene turned away to hide her smile before she concealed the letter among the other scattered items she picked up. She handed the items back to her with a neutral expression. She received a "Thank you, Sunbae!' before the Junior started running again. 


5. Irene wanted Wendy to be S

Irene couldn't help but wished for S to be Wendy. She met a lot of people but no one enraptured her like Son Wendy did. 

Irene's upbringing didn't allow her to enjoy her childhood like other kids. And to see someone being so bright in this society made her envious. Envious of how she could be happy.

That jealousy turned into marvel. Irene wanted to be happy too. Maybe this girl would be able to teach her how to be happy.

 


Irene was ecstactic. The day finally came. S wanted to meet in person! Irene excitedly followed the instructions of the letter. She stopped in front of the music room, calming herself first. 

As she entered, she was dissapointed. It wasn't Wendy. It was the juniors, Seulgi and Sooyoung if she remembered correctly stood in the middle of the room. Their names started with S...

Seulgi started reading from a paper out loud as the other junior watched her reading in amusement.

'Irene Sunbae, I have admired you ever since I first saw you. You've got a smile that can light up this whole town. And I have one too. So I think you belong with me...' 

Seulgi started trailing off as her eyebrows started burrowing together. She paused a while before she cleared and continued.

'I love looking at you. But you always looked so distant. And I want to be the one chasing that loneliness away from you. There will be one less lonely girl if you accept me. Please accept these roses if you are willing to give me a chance. Baby don't say no.'

'Seriously, what's with her song references...' Seulgi mumbled to herself after she finished. Sooyoung started laughing and Seulgi joined in too.

'I'm s-' Irene was about to reject Seulgi but she was interrupted by the sound of the door opening. It was Son Wendy coming in with a bouquet of roses.

'W-wait, what's happening?' Irene was confused. As Wendy walked in her direction before she kneeled down in front of Irene.

'Would you give me a chance?' Wendy asked earnestly while looking into Irene's eyes.

'Erm...There won't be someone else coming in again right? It's really you this time right?' Irene asked in suspicion. What if it wasn't Wendy who was confessing to her?

'I'm S.' Wendy smiled timidly at her.

'Yes!' Irene couldn't contain her Joy as she exclaimed loudly and brought Wendy back up.

Irene then hugged Wendy tightly before she whispered into the junior's ears.

'I kind of already know it's you.' 

 

A/N: So there were a few people requesting for a sequel to Baby Wenrene AU. I am considering a sequel now but I don't want to get your hopes up.

See you guys next update. Thank you for giving this story a chance! I hope that my writing can get better so that I can give you guys all the quality content you want!