Kitten

Dreams of us

Bae Joohyun was a private person. Very private. She preferred to do things on her own and refuses unnecessary contact with humans except her bestfriends. That was why they were shocked whem Joohyun revealed she was living with someone.

Or rather, she rescued a cat and that cat wasn't really a cat.

It suddenly rained as Joohyun was walking back home. Joohyun quickly pulled her hood to cover her head before running back home.

When she was about to reach home, she heard soft whimpers from near the trees, across her apartment building. She was scared of course, but something in her told her to at least check what it was, in case she can do something about it instead of regretting what she didn't do.

So she followed the sounds to a box. And in there, was a kitten. It probably had brown fur, but Joohyun couldn't see well without good lighting. The kitten was whimpering and seemingly very hungry. Like it hasn't been fed for days.

Joohyun immediately carried the kitten in her arms and rushed up to her apartment. She quickly unlocked her door and the heater, getting a towel to dry the kitten.

After making sure the kitten was dry, she searched for what cats can eat before preparing it in the kitchen.

As she prepared the food, she saw the kitten slowly exploring the apartment, the kitten then cautiously approached Joohyun. Joohyun didn't know what she was suppose to do, so she stayed still. The kitten started rubbing itself before Joohyun's leg. Joohyun stiffened as she was terrified that the kitten might hurt her.

After a moment, Joohyun started to relax as the kitten purred at her and started curling up on the floor beside her feet.

As Joohyun warily fed the cat, she tried to look out for signs to say this kitten was adopted. She found none.

So Joohyun decided to let the kitten stay the night before she sends it to an adoption centre. She laid some throw pillows on the floor of the living room for the kitten and went to her bedroom.

Before she could lie down, she heard scratches from her bedroom door. She opened to door only to find the kitten sitting outside her bedroom.

'Meow' The kitten looked at Joohyun with those crystal blue eyes.

"No. You can't sleep with me. You haven't bathed yet' Joohyun crossed her arms before staring at the kitten.

'Meow' The kitten continued staring at Joohyun before it started rubbing itself against Joohyun's legs.

'Ugh. Fine. I better not see you peeing on my bed' Joohyun relented as she let the kitten in before closing the door. The kitten situated itself on one of Irene's pillows.

'Why am I even talking to a cat...' Joohyun mumbled as she climbed on the bed and lied down. She felt her pillow dip and saw the kitten moving itself closer to Joohyun. As Joohyun slept, a smile unconsciously appeared on her face.

And the day after, the smile would leave her face.

'AHHHHHHHHHHHHH' Joohyun screamed as she found someone sleeping beside her. She definitely did not invite anyone over to her house the day before.

'Mmmhhhh' The other girl groaned as she started waking up due to Joohyun's scream.

'WHO ARE YOU?!?!?!' Joohyun frantically checked if she still had clothes on under the blanket before she started hitting the girl. Hard.

'OUCH! Stop hitting me' The other girl exclaimed before she caught Joohyun's hand and pinned her hands down on the bed.

'I thought you were nice since you helped me yesterday.' The stranger pouted at Joohyun. And Joohyun was..... mesmerized. The girl had fluffy cheeks and a sharp nose and blue eyes. Wait. Blue eyes?

As Joohyun tried to process whatever was happening, the girl grinned at her and introduced herself.

'I'm Seungwan, the cat you saved yesterday!'

'Huh?' Joohyun stared blankly at the girl, the girl just beamed at her before she started talking.

'I'm the cat yesterday! Remember me? You even fed me and let me sleep beside you yesterday.'

'Y-YOU!?' Joohyun screeched as she looked the girl up and down. The girl had cat ears!

'This is a dream right? I must be too tired' Joohyun chuckled to herself before she pinched herself trying to 'wake up'.

Joohyun opened her eyes again, only to see the same catgirl in front of her. It wasn't a dream.

'How should I address you?' The cat girl Seungwan asked as she continued smiling at Joohyun.

'J-Joohyun' Irene uttered as she quickly stood up from her bed and looked at Seungwan.

'Erm. Since you are fine now, you should go' Joohyun looked away as she felt guilty for some reason. Seungwan who stood across her frowned.

'I need to repay you for saving me first' Seungwan exclaimed with determination.

'That's fine Seungwan. I didn't save you for some reward.'

'I insist!' Seeing that the girl was so determined, Joohyun relented.

'How do you want to repay me?'

'I will stay here for a month and do your chores for you...?' Seungwan trailed off. Her suggestion sounded more like a question and Seungwan must have noticed that too. As she scratched her head sheepishly.

'I'm not sure about how I should do this since nobody has done that for me before...' she ended with a small smile and then looked down. But Joohyun could tell that the smile wasn't a happy one.

'Won't your parents get worried about you?' Joohyun asked, feeling curious. And she regretted it instantly.

'I don't know them... I-I don't have a place to stay' Seungwan replied with her head down, shoulders slumped. She sounded ashamed...

'Ok' Joohyun agreed. She didn't know why, but she couldn't stand seeing Seungwan unhappy. She didn't want to see Seungwan unhappy around her.

"R-really?' Seungwan questioned Joohyun again. With her widened eyes and all, Joohyun couldn't help but accede to her.

Joohyun was already whipped.

That was how Joohyun acquired her very own roommate.

'Seungwan-ah! Can you help me get the door? It's probably Joy!' Joohyun shouted from the kitchen.

'Ok, Baby' Seungwan replied as she slowly walked towards the door and opened it. And Joohyun was right, it was Joy.

'Unnie!' Joy happily greeted the girl as she went for a hug. As Wendy hugged her back, Joy just had to ruin the warm atmosphere.

'Unnie, you are still so small and short! No wonder Joohyun-unnie thought you were a kitten!'

'YAH! Park Sooyoung stop bullying my girlfriend!' Joohyun lectured the girl as she advanced towards the both of them. Joohyun then wrapped an arm around Seungwan's waist before glaring at Joy again.

'Seungwan is mine. You better stop your habbit of hugging her!' Seungwan blushed and turned to face Joohyun, burrowing her red face in between the latter's shoulders and neck.

'Don't be shy, kitten' Joohyun voiced out lowly and pecked Seungwan on her cheeks.

'EWWWWWW' Of course, Joy had to ruin the mood like always.

 

 

A/N: Feel free to request anything since I'm pretty much done with all my ideas!

Thank you all once again for the suscriptions, comments and upvotes!