Stars

Dreams of us

Bae Irene was one of the most sought after Women in Korea. Wealthy family, superior visuals and most importantly, the CEO of Bae Corp. Men would have killed just to get a date with her. So imagine everybody's surprise when she announced that she was in a relationship with Son Wendy.

Son Wendy, heiress of Son Corp. People who worked for her described her as arrogant and entitled. Personalities that Irene despised. (So of course, Irene's father who had set them up together felt her wrath that day.)

However, Wendy was very different as to how people said she was. She didn't flaunt her wealth or try anything funny with Irene. She was decent on their date and for once, Irene didn't feel like some kind of trophy

On the day of their first date, Irene had her expectations. Branded car, fancy dinners and shopping at those high-end boutiques. That was what every single suitor that she gave a chance to offered. It sometimes ended with the other trying to get Irene to go home and spend a night together. But fortunately, they never succeeded.

Which was why Irene was shocked when she saw Wendy riding on a bicycle in just hoodie and jeans. And that was just the beginning. Irene wore her black laced dress and heels only for Wendy to make her change into something more casual since it won't be comfortable for Irene.

And they did not have the fancy dinner Irene expected. No. They rode a bicycle to somewhere that looked like a forest. Irene being a scaredy cat she was clung to Wendy's arms like a leech. Irene had never been a fan of the dark.

'I-I thought w-we were going for dinner?' 

Wendy then reassured Irene.

'Hey, just close your eyes and hold on to me okay? If you can do that, I have a surprise for you.'

So they continued their journey until Wendy slowly halted. Wendy then held on to her while trying to safely get Irene off her bicycle.

'You can open your eyes now.' And Irene did. And what she saw was beautiful to say the least. They were standing on the grass patch in front of a lake. With the stars glimmering and the lake reflecting the night sky. Beside them, a mat with a basket which was probably filled with food.

Both Irene and Wendy started settling down onto the mat. Irene looked at the sky in silence while Wendy took a few glances at Irene before reverting her sight back to the sky.

'You know Irene, this is my first time taking someone else here with me' Wendy softly said, maintaining her focus on the sky and continued

'I love the stars. But I envy them at the same time. They don't have to become something else to be loved.' She ended with a sigh. And Irene somewhat understood what she was saying. 

'But people only like the brightest one you know?' Irene replied Wendy with a melancholic smile.

Irene had always loved the sky. Because the sky embraced all the stars no matter how dim they were. The stars were unconditionally loved by the sky. But it wasn't the same when it comes to humans. Only the brightest star was loved. 

'They are dumb then. Because the dimmest stars shines the longest. It's their loss.' Wendy then gave Irene a knowing smile.

'Then be Seungwan with me, and I will be Joohyun with you. How is that offer?' Irene boldly stated.

Wendy started taking out a velvet box before facing Irene. She opened the box and revealed a necklace with a star pendant.

'Then would you give me the honour to be your sky, Bae Joohyun?'

'Yes'

Irene had always known that people 'loved' her because of what she had. Money. She had only wanted to be loved for who she is, despite being the head of a company all she wanted was simply to be loved. To be loved as Bae Joohyun the girl who craved for love and had nothing. Not as Bae Irene, the CEO of Bae corps who had everything.

Perhaps, Seungwan will be able to love Bae Joohyun.


A/N: So the whole dialogue was kind of them opening up to each other.

So Wendy feels like she can only be loved if she changes herself/ do something for the other person. While Irene feels like people only love her for her wealth.

The reason why I used both name is to show the difference. Irene is the business women while Joohyun is her vulnerable side. And the same would apply to Wendy.