One Thing

Dreams of us

"Just give me one more day. Then we can break up tomorrow"

'Let's break up, Seungwan. I can't do this anymore.' Joohyun broke the silence as she averted her eyes away from the younger women.

The younger kept silent as she calmly continued eating her dinner. Joohyun was about to continue before the younger spoke.

'Can you give us one more day? Then we can really break up after tomorrow.' Seungwan softly said, keeping her eyes trained on her food.

Joohyun known Seungwan long enough to know that Seungwan wasn't unaffected. 

So she agreed and went back to finishing her dinner. They sat in silence as they pondered over a question. What went wrong?

 


"The one ring I bought with you, now it has no meaning. When you said it’s over, felt like the world was ending"

Seungwan had always known that their relationship changed for the worse. The both of them were so caught up with their work that they just stopped caring.

Those loving looks and warm touches were replaced by meaningless greetings. Towards the end, they just completely stopped trying. 

Seungwan wondered if things would change if she had put in more effort in the first place. She unconsciously played with their ring as she sat on the couch in silence. 

Joohyun was her world and her world was about to crash. And Seungwan could only watch as it happens because she was too useless to do anything. She wasn't able to make Joohyun happy.

Maybe it was time to take off this ring. This ring doesn't fit her anymore. It was getting loose.

 


"If I ask you why, you’ll say something that’ll make my heart rip"

There are a lot of things Joohyun hates. And one of them is seeing Seungwan sad. She knows that her decision to break up with Seungwan would bring heartbreak to the both of them. But she knew it was the right thing to do.

Joohyun's determination to break up was faltering. Because of Seungwan. It wouldn't have been hard on Joohyun if it had been someone else. But it was Seungwan.

Seungwan had always been the type to do anything for anybody. Only giving but never taking. For her to ask for something, Seungwan must have been desperate. Joohyun was still important to Seungwan after all.

Is this Seungwan's way of telling Joohyun to stay? Can a single day change their relationship? Would it save it or break it?

Joohyun laughed inwardly with a tinge of bitterness. Of course it wouldn't change, what was she even thinking... This relationship was already dead.

 


"My tears won't stop all night. One tear drop becomes two tear drops. Nights I spent with you, now I have to spend it all alone"

Seungwan changed into her usual sleepwear and settled into the bed. However, instead of lying down facing Joohyun's side, she turned away instead.

Seungwan used to get nightmares a lot before she started dating Joohyun. When she wakes up from them, she would turn on the lamp by her bed and just stay awake for the rest of the night. Afraid that her nightmares would haunt her again. 

Joohyun changed all of that. When they first began to date, Seungwan would dream of their dates most of the time, while the nightmares still came ocasionally.

However those nightmare changed. Those monsters and the eerie eyes that tormented her in her sleep were replaced by Joohyun leaving her. Leaving because Joohyun realised that Seungwan wasn't enough, that Joohyun could do so much better than Seungwan.

After they started living together, sleeping and cuddling on the same bed, Seungwan would find Joohyun's arms wrapped around her waist as they both drifted into dreamland. Joohyun provided her with a safe haven even if Joohyun herself didn't know. And the nightmares gradually disappeared.

And now, Joohyun was leaving her. And Seungwan can't wake up from this nightmare no matter what she does. 

Seungwan did what she does in a nightmare, she cries. Silently letting her tears flow down as she muffled her sobs into her hands.

Because she didn't want Joohyun to see her crying. Joohyun had always been kind to her, if she ever saw Seungwan cry, she would have felt guilty. Of course, Seungwan wanted Joohyun to stay, but she didn't want Joohyun staying with her out of obligation. Joohyun doesn't deserve that, not from her, not from anybody else.

Seungwan fell asleep with her heart and mind in turmoil. She couldn't feel a pair of hands wiping those tears away. She couldn't feel the pair of lips on her forehead. She wouldn't notice a few drops of tears falling on her face as Joohyun hovered over her face, outlining it with her eyes as Joohyun engraved the face she loved into her memory.

 

A/N: So Joohyun wants to break up and Seungwan agreed. Seungwan asking for one more day is actually because Seungwan can't let go of Joohyun yet. What they do that day, whether they make up or not would be up to your imagination!

But it is pretty obvious that they are still in love, the only thing between them is the dynamics of their relationship. Because the relationship wasn't their priority. The lyrics are from AOA's One Thing btw!

I don't beta my stories actually, so if you ever spot any mistakes, please let me know! Thank you all for the comments, upvotes and suscription. I would like you to know that you should never feel guilty if you ever decide to unsuscribe or un-upvote since I respect free will!