Loving You

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I continued walking aimlessly, not realising that the sky was already dark, the sun already set. The moment I released Eunbi's hands, my heartstrings thugged a little and the moment I shrugged off his hands, my heart broke a little.

 

All I wanted at that moment was some alone time to breathe. That short encounter with Tiffany, that conversation, everything about that was making me breathless. That last blow of her words was like a kick in the gut.

 

Because I knew that was the truth; a fact that could never be changed. At that time, I really questioned myself on how was I supposed to continue like this. 

 

Eunbi is not in any way related to me. The moment when I chose to accept Eunbi, I have told myself that I was going to love this baby like my own. I did it, but how much would love make a difference?

 

Giving her the love would not make her my child nor would it change the fact that Jiyong had a kid with another woman. 

 

That sentence came out so bluntly from Tiffany that I did not have the time to warn my heart. 

 

It hurts, it really did. 

 

 ✿✿✿✿✿

 

It was already 11 pm, by the time I decided to head back. By this time, Eunbi should be asleep and Jiyong, I don't know about that. I tried to keep the sound of unlocking the door to the minimum, not wanting to wake anyone up.

 

The moment the door was open, two pairs of eyes were staring at me. My eyes were on Jiyong, he looked relieved but had a poker face on. My gaze then shifted down to Eunbi who was standing beside him, her lips curved downwards, eyes red and swollen. That was definitely the aftermath of crying as she looked at me with her eyes still filled with tears that was about to explode any time. 

 

"Yoona omma..." she called out timidly and my heart softened right there. I had no expression on my face, I was just looking into her eyes. 

 

My initial plan was to ignore Jiyong, thinking that Eunbi would be asleep. I should be able to get a ticket to fly back tomorrow morning, without facing Eunbi, everything would be so much easier. 

 

You tell me, what does a kid know? They do not deserve to be dragged into this mess. What sin do they have? Nothing!

 

My wall of defense broke almost immediately when she called out. When she heard no reply from me, she took little steps foward, hugging my legs and started to burst out in tears again.

 

"She said she is not going to sleep until you are back."

 

"Yoona omma... Are you mad at Eunbi?" She looked up and I couldn't continue this anymore as I carried her into my arms and she started crying even harder. "Eun-Eunbi would not ask for ice c-ice-cream anymo-anymore, I prom-promise. So Yoona omma, don't be mad at Eunbi... Please!"

 

How am I supposed to stay mad? The poor little girl, trying to speak her thoughts out while crying, thinking that it's her fault that I left. 

 

"Baby," I gave her a few pats on the back, trying to sooth her. "I am not mad at you, I just needed some alone time." 

 

"You're no-not mad at m-e?" She brought her head up, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter