Prelude

The Universe of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, you're still mad about it?"

 

Yes, it's her rubbing her cheeks on my arms while I wore a poker face. I guess she finally remembered that she's gonna be with me for the next few days, and for that she's trying to not offend me.

 

"So what did you do this time Yoong? Our CEO Kwon seems to be really mad."

 

"Yah Kwon Yuri you should be helping me and not adding oil to the fire!" 

 

"You know no one can fight the CEO Kwon except for you~" Yuri sneered. "You don't even need my help~"

 

Yuri is definitely right. I could never stay mad at her for more than a day. She'll either find ways to put out all the fire in me or she'll cry. Yes, that's right. Women's tears are my weakness and Im Yoona's tears are my soft spot.  

 

"Right?" She turned her head and looked at me cutely. "You'll forgive me right?" 

 

The only thing she didn't know was that she's currently setting a fire in me. 

 

"Okay, stop looking at me like this." I held both sides of her cheeks with one hand, her lips were protruding out and of course, I wouldn't let this chance go to waste. I took the chance to plant a kiss on her lips, earning squeals from Yuri.

 

"Kwon Jiyong!" 

 

"What? You got an issue?"

 

"F-Forget it!"

 

"Kwon Yuri, just admit that you're jealous."

 

"Jealous? No way!"

 

Everyone started giggling, with Yuri glaring at us. At times like these, it made me felt like everyone was back to high school when things were still simple.

 

"Yoona omma?"

 

That came out of nowhere. Everyone was stunned and I was doubting myself if I heard it wrong. Didn't seem like it, Yoona was staring at me with her eyes wide opened. 

 

"Eunbi ah," Yuri was the one that spoke up. "Did you just call Yoona imo wrongly? It's imo not omma."

 

Right, a 4-year old kid could make mistakes. Just like how she couldn't differentiate left and right. 

 

"Aniya, my teacher says that omma is someone who constantly takes care of me, cooks for me, helps me to take a bath, plays with me and hugs me to sleep." She blabbered out that whole sentence within seconds and made Yuri ran out of words. 

 

Eunbi took little steps and made her way to Yoona and she stood in front of her looking up. Yoona who was looking at her blankly. 

 

"You did everything that she mentioned! So you're my omma right?" She started to pout. "My friends all have omma, only Eunbi doesn't have one! I want omma too!"

 

She's at this topic again. Ever since that day, she had been doing this so often in front of me. 

 

"Eunbi." I looked at Yoona, not too sure if she felt like she was being put in a difficult position or was she just staring blankly. I could not read her expressions at all. 

 

"Daddy! Eunbi is not wrong. I am saying the truth."

 

"Eunbi ah," Yoona squatted down, leveling her eyes to Eunbi's. "You want Yoona imo to be your omma?"

 

"Yes, Eunbi wants omma!" She grinned. "My teacher says every baby will have omma. Yoona imo always calls Eunbi, baby right?"

 

I forgot how naive a child could be and also how important a motherly figure is to a child.

 

"Alright, you can call me omma if you want to." Yoona smiled and brushed her fingers along Eunbi's nose bridge. "Remember, only Eunbi can call me that."

 

Eunbi cheered and everyone looked at her, breaking into a smile.

 

"Okay, time to catch the plane~"

 

"Bye Yuri imo and Seungri samchon!"

 

"Bye princess, have fun!"

 

✿✿✿✿✿

 

"Are you sure that's alright for you?"

 

"What?" She took a sip of the red wine, looking at me curiously.

 

We were in the plane, Eunbi was sleeping soundly on the seat beside the window. 

 

"That, about Eunbi calling you omma. If you're uncomfortable with that, I can ta-"

 

"Ji. I'm fine." She smiled. "Don't worry, I love Eunbi and I want to be there for her. Even though legally, I am not her mum but still, I want her to be happy."

 

I looked at her and she was smiling, glowing even. I always wonder what I did to deserve her ever since she was back. I also told myself that I was never gonna lose her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter