Hybridxhuman

Neo vampire oneshots

People thought they were living peacefully in Joseon. They weren't expecting anything to change anytime soon, not for the worst and not for the better. Across the country, some gisaeng houses were very active with keeping the higher ranked men pleased. Ladies that belonged to a family that had committed a crime, were sold as a gisaeng and ended up at those houses.

But one couple had made the first step in being together, while being from different species. Jung Jinhyuk and Min Seohwa were heavily in love with each other, but they had to keep their relationship a big secret. Jinhyuk was a vampire and Seohwa was a human, but they didn't care much of their specie. Love was all that matters for them. In order for Jinhyuk to keep himself under control, he was only allowed to drink blood that was served in cups. He wasn't allowed to attack someone and drain an entire body, because that would be a sign for the couple to get away from Joseon as far as possible.

However, Seohwa got pregnant with Jinhyuk's child and feared for the worst. Seohwa thought that their lives were over, because people would find out anyway that she was expecting a child that was only half human. She also wasn't married to Jinhyuk, so people would call her a disgrace for the humanity if they would find out. But no one even knew what vampires were, other than Seohwa, so she should be save at some point. Jinhyuk was ofcourse over the moon that he was becoming a dad, he couldn't wait for the child to go on the hunt with him whenever he could do that again.

In the months that followed, Jinhyuk helped Seohwa out wherever he could. He was already getting used to the few cups of blood he got everday, but he knew why he was doing it. No one knew about vampires and he had to keep it that way, because he could make people believe that they weren't alone anymore. And that could freak people out, so Jinhyuk had to keep his identity hidden and make people believe he was just a bit sick if they asked him why he was pale. Seohwa appreciated the help she got from Jinhyuk, but she couldn't stay at her own home during these months. It would become too dangerous for her and her unborn child to live among the other people in this town. So she stayed with Jinhyuk until the baby was born.

Jinhyuk lived in a shelter in the forest and that was where Seohwa was save for the rest of her pregnancy. People would call their child sick and wondered why it would have a pale skin, or so they thought. Their child was a hybrid and they didn't know how a human-vampire hybrid would be like, their child was going to be the first ever hybrid and they were ready to learn how it was like ot raise a hybrid. The word dhampir didn't even exist, so they didn't even know how to call their hybrid child if they had to describe the race.

After those 9 long months, their child was born. A son who was named Taekwoon and got the last name from his father, since it was important for Jinhyuk that Taekwoon would carry on the legacy of the Jung family. But tragedy struck not long after the baby was born and both parents were killed instantly by Joseon's army, as they believed that the two were intruders. But they realised later that the woman they killed, was Min Seohwa and she lived in Joseon. The soldiers quickly grabbed the baby and left the two bodies for dead. Min Seohwa and Jung Jinhyuk got an ending they didn't deserve. Jinhyuk was hit straight in the heart and there was no way he would ever survive that.

Years later was when it all seemed normal again. Taekwoon had become a tall man at the age of 22 and his long pitch-black hair looked that good, that many young men were jealous of Taekwoon. Taekwoon lived with the Young family and they treated Taekwoon like their own son, not knowing who he really was. Taekwoon was Joseon's first human-vampire hybrid, but no one realised it. To them, Taekwoon looked completely normal with a skin that was more pale as theirs. Taekwoon also wore a necklace which helped him to make his way outside at daytime.

Taekwoon didn't know why he was acting weird when he smelled blood, so he just blamed himself for being mentally instable. He just thought that it was something in his head, so he didn't spent much time on it.

He also started dating Cha Hakyeon, who was the son of soldier Cha. The Cha family were one of those families whose sons were in the army, protecting Joseon from anything that might not be human or any intruders. Even Hakyeon didn't know about Taekwoon's true identity, Taekwoon never released one single word from that. Simply because Taekwoon believed he was human, he wasn't different from anyone. But Hakyeon's dad thought differently about it and wanted Hakyeon to break up with Taekwoon, because he believed that Taekwoon was the devil. Hakyeon's dad had seen the differences of skin color between Hakyeon and Taekwoon and Taekwoon's skin was unusual pale to him.

One night, the soldiers were on patrol and were aware of some danger coming towards them. They just didn't know what it really was, but their instinct told them. Rumors had it that there were mysterious creatures living in the forest and that they had set their eyes on this small village. In order for it to be confirmed, the soldiers were on patrol. Taekwoon couldn't sleep, which surprised him. He didn't feel tired and it made him wonder what was going on with him. But something inside him told him he had to leave, because there was someone coming for him. Hakyeon slept next to him, which was approved by the Young family. The two seemed happy together, so they gave the two permission to stay together tonight.

''What's wrong, Taekwoon?'' Hakyeon sounded hoarse when he opened his eyes. Taekwoon sat up straight and his mind was driving him crazy, which also affected his internal changes. Taekwoon felt like he was losing control of himself and so he wrapped his fingers around his necklace to prevent he was losing control of himself. But he lost that battle, so he rushed outside and it was in the blink of an eye to Hakyeon. How could Taekwoon leave this quick? So Hakyeon got up and rushed outside, trying to follow Taekwoon. Hakyeon stopped at some point to hide behind a house, but looked around the corner to keep an eye on Taekwoon.

Within seconds, it became clear to Hakyeon that Taekwoon could be lying to him. Maybe his dad was right, maybe Taekwoon had to stay away from Hakyeon. Hakyeon couldn't look away from what was happening in front of him, he wanted to know who Taekwoon really was and he wanted to make his decision based on what he saw. A group of strangers had made their way inside the village without getting caught by Hakyeon's father and the others. Taekwoon seemed to have a talk with them, but it became different when they held some red fluid in front of them and Hakyeon felt shivers run down his spine when he heard a low growl coming from Taekwoon. 

Hakyeon collapsed on his knees as he couldn't believe what he was seeing... Taekwoon was a part of them and he never said that he wasn't human. But that's when Hakyeon remembered Taekwoon's expression everytime he asked Taekwoon about it, maybe Taekwoon didn't even know himself what he was and maybe this was then his true identity came to light.

Just when Hakyeon wanted to back off, he heard a growl behind him. Hakyeon slowly turned his head and saw Taekwoon standing there, eyes turned red and some sharp fangs were visible. Hakyeon was visibly scared and wanted to back off, but his legs didn't let him. This wasn't the Taekwoon he knew, but he was at the same time. Hakyeon felt like he was shut off, he couldn't control his legs anymore.

''You're mine.'' Taekwoon said in a low voice and wrapped his hands around Hakyeon's wrists. Within seconds, Hakyeon felt those sharp fangs in his neck and was waiting to die. But in fact, Taekwoon marked Hakyeon. So that everyone would know that Hakyeon was his and he would kill those who came close to Hakyeon.

~*~

A/N It's a longer one, but I had too much I wanted to work on in this. It's inspired by Gu Family Book, a drama I started to watch about 2 weekends ago and I am loving it.