Chapter 8

One Letter Coffee

Junmyeon was back to work the next day, despite Jongdae and Chanyeol’s protests. He arrived first as always, although a little earlier than he normally would so he could replace the poster. Maybe someone would finally ask for work. It would be nice to be four instead of three. 

 

He did some finishing touches to the poster before he was finally happy with it. After putting on his coat he went outside and hung the poster back up on the door of the coffee shop. Hopefully this one wouldn’t fly away like the last one. It was fun and all to make them, but still. On this one he made sure to put extra tape. "There we go. Just don’t fly away this time," he mumbled to himself before going back inside.

He checked the time to make sure he wasn’t late. One minute left. Perfect. Junmyeon made sure all the candles on the tables were lit and that nothing was missing in terms of food. After turning the sign in the door, making it show "open" instead of "closed", he went behind the counter. 

 

He arrived almost fifteen minutes past seven. Junmyeon had been busy looking for a new pen under the counter as the old one didn’t work anymore. He dug around for a while, not even hearing the door. Sighing in frustration, he started placing things on the floor so he wouldn’t have to dig through the same pile of used pens another ten times. He was sure he had gotten a new pack of pens just a little while ago and he was pretty sure it was under the counter he had placed that pack of pens. 

 

"Junmyeon?"

 

Junmyeon quickly got up on his feet, hitting his head on the counter along the way. He placed a hand on his head, rubbing the spot he hit himself. Noticing who it was, however, he put on a smile, pretending like he hadn’t just knocked his head while standing up right in front of him. "Hello!" he said. "What do you want?" he asked. "I mean, what can I get you?" he quickly added, realising he hadn’t sounded that nice. "And welcome to See You Latte Coffee Shop."

"Are you okay?" the guy asked, raising an eyebrow. "You hit your head pretty hard." Only then did Junmyeon notice the guy was wearing a suit. Not a full on suit exactly, but he was wearing black dress pants with a matching coat and a dress shirt that didn’t have a single wrinkle like he had just ironed it. 

He had to be a model. There was no way he wasn’t. His shirt was so perfect it looked like it had been ironed while he was wearing it and his coat looked like it had been made just for him. Him not being a model would almost be a sin, a waste of good looks. 

 

He was brought back to reality by a hand waving in front of his face. He blinked, looking over at the guy leaning over the counter. "You okay?" he asked and Junmyeon could see that he was worried. "Did you hit your head that hard? Should I take you to a doctor or something?"

Junmyeon quickly shook his head, which he regretted as soon as his head started hurting. "No no. I’m fine," he assured him. "I just zoned out." He eyed the taller’s outfit again. "That’s a nice shirt," he said before he could stop himself. That’s a nice shirt? It’s a regular, white button up, you idiot. You have like ten of those at home. "Thanks." He looked back up at the guy and he was looking back at him with a smile on his face. 

He had to be a model. He just had to. Who looks this good, but doesn’t model? He had nice, dark eyes, his eyebrows made him look serious, but not so serious that he looked angry and his face was just overall good looking. 

 

"Junmyeon?"

 

Junmyeon was brought back to reality once more by a hand waving in front of him. "What?" He looked a little confused at him. "How do you know my name?" he asked. "One of your colleagues told me," the guy replied, resting his elbows on the counter. "He said he wouldn’t be able to make a Lavender Vanilla Latte as good as Junmyeon, which I assume is you."

"Yeah. That’s me."

"Well, I’d like one of those today made by the specialist himself," the guy said and smiled. "Okay, but..." Junmyeon glanced down at the counter. The pen was still there, but it wasn’t to much use anymore. "I don’t have any pen to write with."

 

"Here." Junmyeon looked back up and right in front of him was a pen. "Take this." He grabbed the pen and a cup. "Thank you." He was about to write when he realised the taller hadn’t even given him a letter. "What do you want me to write?" he asked. 

"G," the guy replied and Junmyeon wrote down what he requested. He held out the pen for him to take once he was done, but the guy just shook his head. "Keep it." Junmyeon raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? I’m sure I have a pack of pens somewhere so you can just keep it," he said, still holding the pen out. The guy lifted a hand, but used it to push Junmyeon’s hand back. "Keep it."

 

Junmyeon returned a few minutes later. "Here’s your latte. Have a nice day." He placed the cup down on the counter, flashing the other a smile. "Thanks. Have a nice day." The guy grabbed his drink and started walking towards the door. "Just keep the pen, Junmyeon." And then he was gone. 

He looked down at the pen sitting on the counter right in front of him before picking it up. It looked like a regular black and gold pen, but it felt a little heavier. He took a closer look at it, noticing something written around it in tiny letters. "Montblanc" it said. Isn’t that a mountain? Junmyeon just shrugged, placing it back down. It was probably the brand, he thought and went back to work.