Chapter 18

One Letter Coffee

Junmyeon’s head was resting on something when he started gaining consciousness. It wasn't necessarily soft, but not hard like the floor either. Did he get a concussion and end up in the hospital?

His eyes slowly opened and he squinted as he took a look around, his eyes not used to the light just yet. His eyes met the guy’s eyes and he realised what his head was resting on. His lap. He had his head in the guy’s lap. 

 

Junmyeon made a move to sit up, but he was stopped by a hand on his chest, keeping him in place. "You shouldn’t rush," the guy said. Junmyeon stayed quiet, not really sure what to say. "You hit your head pretty hard as you fainted."

"I don’t want you fainting again." How nice of him. Junmyeon could feel his cheeks heating up and he moved a hand to cover it. That’s when he realised something was draped over his body. A jacket? His hand fumbled around, trying to find a way out of the jacket so he could cover his face before the guy noticed. 

 

It seemed like it was too late though. The guy placed the hand that had previously been on his chest, on his forehead. He probably thought he had a fever. Well, it was better than him thinking he was blushing. "Does your head hurt?"

Junmyeon wanted to nod, but it was difficult in his position. "A little bit," he replied, his voice almost cracking. How long had he been out? "I can see why. You smacked your head right on the floor." He did? By this rate he was getting a concussion in no time. "Do you think you need a doctor?" the guy asked, running his fingers up into Junmyeon’s hair. 

Junmyeon wasn’t really paying attention. All he could think about was the fingers running through his hair, pushing the dark locks out of his face. "Pardon?" he finally said, realising the guy had said something. 

 

"I asked if you need a doctor," the guy repeated. "No, I’m fine. I just have a bit of a headache," Junmyeon replied, frowning ever so slightly as the removed his hand from his hair. "You sure?" 

Junmyeon sat up before the guy could stop him this time. "Yeah. I’m just fine," he assured him, grabbing the jacket draped across his lap. It was a suit jacket. An expensive looking one at that. Before he handed it back, he took a look at the brand and he almost choked on the air he was breathing in. That was a Burberry suit jacket. Burberry. A designer brand with suits so expensive he couldn’t even dream about getting one with the money he had.

 

How did the guy have so much money? How much money did he even have? He had to be a billionaire if he had suits like this one, gave away pens worth a million and was that a gold Rolex on his wrist? The guy held out his hand, clearly wanting his jacket, his very expensive designer jacket, back. 

Junmyeon just stared at his hand for a few seconds before handing the jacket to him. "I was planning on giving you a hand and help you get up, but thank you," the guy said. "Oh! I’m sorry. Thanks." He grabbed the guy’s hand, letting him pull him up on his feet. 

 

"Are you sure you’re okay?" the guy asked, slipping on his suit jacket. "This was really not what I had planned." Junmyeon’s head snapped towards the counter, remembering why he had even fainted in the first time. All the cups were still there, spelling out the sentence. 

"DO YOU WANT TO GO OUT WITH ME?"

 

Junmyeon looked back at the guy, who was still talking. "I mean, Luhan told me it’d be romantic if I made it a surprise, kind of like a surprise birthday party," he said, buttoning his jacket, "but I didn’t think that it would scare you and I can assure you I never meant to scare you like this."

 

Junmyeon looked back over at the cups. "I should’ve said something first instead of scaring the life out of you. I’m sorry for making you faint-."

 

"I’d love to go out with you," Junmyeon said and the guy stopped talking. "What?" He was clearly surprised, not expecting him to say that. 

"I want to go out with you." Junmyeon could see a smile forming on the guy’s face, showing him his perfect, white teeth. "Really?" He nodded. "Even thought I scared you half to death?" He nodded once more. "Great! I’ll pick you up at eight tomorrow evening, okay?"

 

The next day it was Junmyeon who was the one smiling, at least smiling the most as Jongdae was always smiling for some reason. It was like he never stopped, especially the last couple of days. As soon as the student arrived, he went right into the back, a big smile on his face. 

"What’s gotten you so happy?" Jongdae asked, watching from the door leading into the front of the shop as Junmyeon smiled down at the soapy dishes in front of him. "I’m assuming it’s not the dishes." 

 

"The guy came by as I was closing yesterday," Junmyeon started and Jongdae got closer, leaning against the counter beside the sink instead. "What were the cups for?" he asked. "Did he tell you? What did he say? What was he spelling out?"

"Do you want to go out with me," Junmyeon replied. "Well. You’re a good looking and nice guy, Jun, but I’m afraid I’m ta-." Junmyeon laughed. "I meant, that’s what the cups spelled out," he said.

"He asked me out."

 

Jongdae’s eyes widened. "Really?" He stepped away from the counter, engulfing Junmyeon into a tight hug. "How romantic! What did he say? What did you say? When is it? Where?" Junmyeon tried to keep his wet hands away as well as hugging the younger back, a big smile on his face. 

Worried about Jongdae never letting it go, he didn’t tell him about the fainting part. He was not interested in Jongdae teasing him for the rest of his life, thank you very much. "He just stood behind the counter where all the cups were lined up, spelling "DO YOU WANT TO GO OUT WITH ME". Obviously I said yes," he said. "And he said he’d pick me up at eight. Most likely here."

 

"I’m so happy for you! It’s like seeing my child getting their first boyfriend!" 

"Hey, I’m older than you."

"Who cares, you’re going on a date, Junmyeon!"