Chapter 15

One Letter Coffee

The hand he was holding, which he was still convinced was Sehun’s, gave his own hand a gentle squeeze. Junmyeon glanced down, the feeling of metal touching his skin catching his attention. 

 

Wait.

Sehun hadn’t been wearing rings. Or a dress shirt. And was that a Rolex? His eyes travelled up from the hand he was still holding, up the dress shirt clad arm and up to whoever’s face this was. As it was dark, he couldn’t really see them, but when the screen lit up a few seconds later he could. 

It was him. The guy. The guy ordering lattes from him every morning. The guy he’d embarrassed himself in front of plenty of times by now, was now holding his hand. Or, it was technically Junmyeon who was the one holding his.

Still, they were holding hands. 

 

It didn’t seem like the guy had any plans of letting go, and Junmyeon made no move to remove his hand. So there they sat, with their hands resting on the armrest between them, their fingers intertwined. None of them had said anything yet and it was awkward, at least on Junmyeon’s part. The guy probably just thought it was funny.

But still, he wasn’t moving out of Junmyeon’s grip. Maybe he was scared too? He didn’t seem scared though. He, unlike Junmyeon, was looking at the screen after all. 

 

So there he sat, the movie almost done apparently which he hadn’t noticed, holding hands with the guy that bought a latte from him everyday. Every time something scary happened, Junmyeon gave the other’s hand a squeeze, avoiding looking at the screen. 

He glanced at Sehun once in a while, checking if they younger had noticed, but he was too busy watching the movie to notice. If he did notice, he was going to ask questions and what was Junmyeon going to say. "Oh, yeah. I’m just holding this random guy’s hand because I’m scared." 

 

Eventually the movie came to an end, which Junmyeon was happy about because he wasn’t sure how much longer he wanted to look into thin air while listening to the screams from the movie, and the lights were slowly coming back on. Junmyeon let go of the guy’s hand so he could stand up. 

"Did you like it?" Sehun asked, picking up his jacket. "Uh... Yeah, it was good," Junmyeon replied, glancing over his shoulder. The guy was nowhere to be seen, probably already having left. "Really?"

"Yeah. It was nice. I liked it," Junmyeon said, even though he hadn’t even watched half the movie. "So it wasn’t too scary for you?" the younger asked, closing his jacket and turning around to walk towards the stairs. Junmyeon followed him, but stopped as he noticed a little piece of paper on the armrest. The same armrest his and the guy’s hands had been. Letting his curiosity get to him, he picked it up before quickly catching up to Sehun.

It was a ticket. A ticket to the movie they’d just watched. It must’ve belonged to the guy and he had dropped it or something. Being the good person he was, he decided to throw it away for him. Before he did though, he took a look at it.

Row 12, seat 9. Huh. How odd.

He pulled out his own ticket. Row 5, seat 17. That wasn’t even close to row 12, seat 9. Why had been sitting next to him? 

 

Not thinking anything more of it, he threw the movie tickets away and followed Sehun outside. The guy probably wanted to sit closer to the screen because he, unlike Junmyeon, liked the movie. 

"So. What was your favourite part?" Sehun asked as they walked out the doors, holding the door open for Junmyeon. "Mine was the dragon," he said. "Wasn’t it so cool?"

"Uh... Yeah. That was my favourite part too actually," Junmyeon replied, nodding. There was a dragon? He hadn’t even noticed. Then again, the people in the movie must have been screaming for a reason. He was snapped out of his thoughts by Sehun laughing, wrapping an arm around Junmyeon’s shoulders. "You’re so funny."

"What? What’s funny?" 

"You really weren’t paying attention to the movie, were you?" 

"Of course I was," Junmyeon denied. "I got a little distracted once in a while, but I was paying attention." Sehun laughed, his hand squeezing his shoulder. "There wasn’t any dragon in the movie so I highly doubt you were."

"I knew that. I was just joking," Junmyeon explained. Sehun just laughed, letting go of him as they parted ways. "I’ll see you at work, Junmyeon."