Chapter 21

One Letter Coffee

Just a little while later the car stopped and Junmyeon had indeed guessed right. Yifan had parked right in front of the same Chinese restaurant he’d been to with Jongdae, Chanyeol and Sehun before, and where he’d seen Yifan before.

"But, Yifan," the shorter said, looking over at Yifan who was already getting out. "It’s dark inside. It looks like it’s closed." He turned to open his own door, but it was already open, the cold air going right through the thin dress shirt he was wearing. 

"It is." What? But what were they doing there then if it was closed? "What are we doing here then?" Junmyeon asked, getting out and watching as the door slowly closed on it’s own behind him. "You could say that I have some contacts here and they let me have this date here."

 

Contacts? He knew the owner? The owner was Chinese, so maybe he knew him? Maybe they were friends? 

"Come on. Let’s go inside. You look cold." He followed Yifan over to the door, which was unlocked, and watched as Yifan opened it, holding it and looking at him. Realising he was holding the door open for him he quickly headed inside. "Thanks."

 

The restaurant was deserted and dark. They were having their date here? 

As Junmyeon looked around, the light got switched on and it was then he noticed one table looking a little different than the others. It was table that had been set. There were two plates, two glasses, two forks and knives and in the middle there was a candle, but it wasn’t lit. 

Yifan walked over to the table, pulling out a chair before walking around to the second chair. "Have a seat. I’ll just be right back," he said. 

"Where are you going?" Junmyeon asked after sitting down. "Oh, not far or anything. I just need to find Yixing, the chef of this place."

 

While he waited for the taller to return, Junmyeon took the opportunity to check his phone. As expected, a few texts from Jongdae asking him if he had gone on his date yet, if he needed more eyeliner and, one that didn’t really surprise him as it was Jongdae, him telling Junmyeon to "remember using protection, unless he wanted some disease". 

"Hey, Junmyeon." 

Junmyeon glanced over his shoulder, hearing Yifan call his name. He wasn’t alone. There was a guy with him, who was most likely this chef he mentioned. 

He got up to greet him. "This is Yixing. The "contact" I mentioned. He’s the chef here," Yifan explained. "Hello." Junmyeon flashed him a polite smile. "Nice to meet you, Junmyeon."

 

"So you’re the owner?" Junmyeon asked. "My friend loves this place." Yixing smiled, but shook his head. "Oh, no. I’m not the owner. I just work here as a chef."

"Then... Who is the owner?"

"That’d be me," Yifan said. He owned the restaurant? No wonder he was rich. The restaurant was a popular place apparently. "Oh. You own this?"

"Yeah." 

"Do you own anything else?" Junmyeon asked. 

 

"A few more restaurants scattered around both Korea and China." Yifan had to be billionaire then, judging by his car, his clothes and the fact that he had money enough to give away a million won pen. He owned restaurants in both China and Korea, how could he not be? 

 

"Well. I better get back to the food," Yixing said. "I told Zitao to watch the soup. Who knows how long that’ll last before something happens." 

Junmyeon watched as he disappeared back into the back of the restaurant. "Who’s Zitao?" he asked once he was gone. "Does he work here too?"

 

"Oh, no." Yifan chuckled, leading Junmyeon back to the table. He pulled Junmyeon’s chair out for him before sitting down in his own. "He can’t cook to save himself. He’s my assistant." 

"Oh. Okay. What does that involve?" Junmyeon asked. 

"He arranges meetings, makes phone calls, does my errands, etc." Yifan laughed. "But does certainly not cook."

Junmyeon let out a chuckle. "Cooking’s not for everyone, I guess."

 

"You cook right?" Yifan asked. Junmyeon nodded. "Yeah, but I mostly just bake. I cook at home though," he replied. "At work I bake. I bake a lot of different things. Like cookies, muffins, cakes, but I also make sandwiches, although my coworker Chanyeol’s the best at sandwiches. He used to work at a really fancy restaurant."

"Chanyeol... The tall one? With the eyebrows?"

"The one with big ears. The one that smiles almost all the time."

"Oh, him. Who’s the one with the eyebrows?"

"Oh that’s Sehun. He’s new," Junmyeon said. "And he’s the youngest, but he’s good at his job."

 

"Are anyone else back there?" Junmyeon asked, nodding towards the back. "Other than the chef and your assistant, I mean."

"Yeah." Yifan nodded. "There’s my accountant Luhan," he said. "Who’s also my friend, as well as Zitao. He insisted on coming with me, telling me I’ve got as much knowledge in preparing a date as a sack of potatoes."

Junmyeon couldn’t help but laugh at that. "He sounds nice." Yifan laughed as well. He had a nice laugh. One that made Junmyeon smile. "He is, most of the time at least."

 

"Anyone else?"

"A waiter. You’ve probably seen him around," Yifan said. "Minseok, but I think he’s called Xiumin." Junmyeon had never heard that name before, but the waiter wasn’t exactly what he had been paying attention to last time he was at the restaurant.

"Don’t think I’ve seen him, but I could be wrong."

 

The two continued talking for a while. They talked about everything from themselves, their hobbies and interests, hometowns, likes and dislikes, etc., to random stories from work or their childhood. Yifan seemed really nice and interesting and Junmyeon was not regretting agreeing to going on a date with him. 

 

"So. I just have to ask," Junmyeon said. "How did you come up with the cups?" he asked, barely noticing the guy walking over to the table, dressed in a white dress shirt and black pants. It was when he started pouring what Junmyeon assumed was wine into their glasses. That must’ve been that Minseok guy Yifan talked about. 

"Well... I have to admit I got a little help from Luhan with that idea," Yifan told him, thanking the guy, Minseok, for the wine before picking up his glass. "I told him I wanted to do something special and interesting to catch your attention and he told me you made some really good Lavender Vanilla Lattes, and that you wrote down the customer’s name on the cups which he said I could use to ask you out."

"Well you certainly caught my attention," Junmyeon said, picking up his own glass. "And Jongdae. He was the most curious one out of all of us. He could barely wait to know what you were planning on doing with the cups."

 

"Jongdae? That’s the shorter one right? Chen?"

Junmyeon nodded. "Yeah. Whines a lot, complains, laughs, teases. That pretty much sums him up as a person." Yifan laughed, taking a sip of his wine. "He sounds nice."

"Yeah. He is. He’d probably love that Luhan guy."

"Isn’t he already dating that Chanyeol guy though?" Junmyeon almost choked on his wine. "What? Could you repeat that?" Yifan looked at him with an eyebrow raised. 

 

"Zitao told me that Sehun told him two of his colleagues were dating. Apparently he caught them together in the back on some counter or something."

 

"We bake on those counters!"