Chapter 19

One Letter Coffee

"So is that what you’re planning on wearing?" Jongdae asked out of nowhere.

It was the day for Junmyeon’s date and he couldn’t be happier. Who knew he’d score a date? A date with a stranger, but a nice, handsome stranger. He wouldn’t have agreed to go out with someone he’d never seen before, but he’d seen the guy at the coffee shop for around a month. By now he was almost an acquaintance.

 

"Yeah?" Junmyeon looked down at what he was wearing. He had his apron, but he was obviously not going to wear that to the date. Under it he had a plain, black sweater and some nice jeans. He didn’t know where he was going so he didn’t want to show up in a full on suit. 

"Junmyeon." Jongdae placed a hand on his shoulder. "You’re going on a date, a date with a possible billionaire, not to the shopping centre to buy some apples, Jun," he said, patting his shoulder. "It’s too..." He eyed him up and down. "Boring."

 

"Well, I don’t know where I’m going," Junmyeon replied, rearranging the decorations on the counter. It was almost November already and Junmyeon had been putting out some Halloween decorations when Jongdae had started worrying about his choice of clothes. 

"Junmyeon. He’s a possible billionaire, or a criminal. He’s not going to take you to the park to feed ducks," Jongdae said. "You need to look good." He noticed the look he got and patted his shoulder again. "Not that you don’t already look good," he added. "But you should try to put a little bit more effort into your outfit today. Put some nice shoes on, and not Converse, maybe a blazer, some eyeliner."

 

"I don’t own eyeliner," Junmyeon said. "And what if it’s too much? I don’t want to show up in nice shoes and a blazer or something if we’re just going to get dinner or coffee."

"Haven’t you seen the guy, Jun?" Jongdae said, his eyebrow raised. "The suit, the watch, the pen and not to mention the car he drives. If he’s taking you to dinner, it won’t be fast food." Now it was Junmyeon’s turn to raise his eyebrow, a little confused. "The car he drives?"

"Yeah. Chanyeol bumped into him a while back on his way to work and apparently the guy drives a Ferrari or something like that," Jongdae explained. "But it could’ve been any car, Chanyeol’s not the biggest car person on the planet."

 

"So? Just because he’s rich doesn’t mean we’re going to a five-star restaurant or something," Junmyeon said, picking up the little pumpkin decoration and replacing it with a bigger one. "Alright. How about I get you a nice shirt at least? A white dress shirt and some eyeliner. You’ll look at least a little presentable."

 

So there he was, dressed in Jongdae’s white dress shirt and his own skinny jeans, waiting outside the coffee shop. His eyes were lined with black eyeliner and his eyes were not happy about it. Every other minute his eyes started watering, signaling they did not want that eyeliner there. 

It was almost eight and the guy was nowhere to be seen. He still had a few minutes though. He was probably just around the corner in his Ferrari, or whatever car it was.

 

The clock hit five past eight and the guy was still nowhere to be seen. It was just five minutes though. He was probably just a little late. Junmyeon could wait five minutes, no problem. The only thing annoying him about it was that his eyes kept watering because of the eyeliner. 

 

Five past eight turned into into half past eight and Junmyeon’s legs were getting tired of him just standing there. He glanced back at the coffee shop, wondering if he should go inside and wait there instead of out here in the cold. It was cold without his jacket, that Jongdae had taken with him, telling him he looked like an Eskimo with it on. Junmyeon had been fine with him taking it. He didn’t think he’d have to wait outside this long.

 

Five minutes later and the guy was still not showing up. Maybe he had forgotten it? Or changed his mind? What if he didn’t want to anyway? Or maybe it was just a joke? 

Junmyeon used a fist to rub his itching eye. He really hoped Jongdae didn’t have some eye disease that he was now getting through the eyeliner. 

 

A few minutes passed and Junmyeon finally decided to go inside. It was cold and the guy was probably not going to show up. It was almost nine and Junmyeon wasn’t going to stand around outside the entire night, waiting for someone who was probably not even going to show up. 

That’s when he heard it. He stopped, his hand on the door handle, ready to unlock the door and get inside. It was an engine. An engine running right behind him. He turned back around, letting go of the keys he had been holding in his back pocket. 

Right in in front of him was a sleek, black car. A very nice car. A very nice, expensive car. It had to be his. Why else would someone randomly park right by him? 

 

He watched as the car door in front of him opened and the guy stepped out. He was once again wearing a suit, most likely just as expensive as the last one, and he had a flower in his hand. On his face was a big smile, but it slowly disappeared as he noticed the shorter’s smudged eyeliner and watering eyes. 

 

"Are you crying?"