The Moon Is Beautiful, Isn't It?

Right Time At The Right Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the long wait, I was busy so here's an extra long chapter to make up for it~ Please enjoy this chapter and leave comments to let me know what you think!! :)

The next day, after filming their individual interviews for the show, Sungjae and Joy are both sitting in the meeting room of We Got Married with the writers and producers of the show, along with their managers. Even with the adorable and energetic sweet couple in the room, the atmosphere was grim and gloomy. As Sungjae and Joy's eyes locked, they looked at each other with a sombre expression. Sungjae tried to break the awkwardness by making a joke.

 

Sungjae: So... It sure doesn't seem that long ago when we were in here having a meeting for the first time huh? Now it's already our last meeting... It hasn't even been a year but you've already aged a lot Park Joy~

Joy: Yah!! No oppa, I'm still fresh, young and bubbly!!

 

A dreadful silence filled the room once again. With the arrival of the main writer, the meeting finally began.

 

Producer: Alright, let's get things started then, the Bbyu couple has been on the show for nearly one year now, you are one of our most popular couples and one of the longest running couples too~ Wonderful job you two, thanks to you our viewership rating and fans have been higher than ever, but you are starting to run out of material, plus since both of your schedules are getting tighter and tighter with your rising fame, we believe it may be time for you to step down from the show, what do you two think?

Sungjae: Well, I think it's a shame that our journey is already coming to an end even though it is just starting, but it's been a very enjoyable year for me, even though it was a variety show, sometimes it doesn't even feel like work because of all the fun we've had and the great experiences we've shared, thank you for being so good to us, taking us on so many trips so we can take a rest from our schedules... Um, yea, I guess that's all I have to say

Joy: Uhh... Just like oppa said, thank you so much for taking care of us this past year, I'm so grateful that I got to meet oppa and also make new friends... I've become so used to filming every week that it will feel empty without recording a new episode each week, this has been a very good learning experiece for me, especially since this was my variety debut, oppa helped me a lot, and so did the writers and producers, so thank you again... I will really miss you all

Writer: Okay, so since we've already got the next episode planned, the episode after that will be the final episode, any ideas on how you want your last episode to go?

 

Sungjae and Joy both avoided eye contact and kept their mouths shut. Neither of them dared to even think about their last episode, let alone come up with ideas for it. 

 

Producer: Since you're both idols, maybe you can perform your duet live on stage?

Sungjae: So it'll be like a concert for just the two of us?

Joy: That sounds nice... We can decorate the stage with the big gift boxes we used during our first episode

Writer: Alright, we can do it like a weekend music show then, you can each prepare a song, talk for a bit, reminiscing the past, then we'll wrap it up with your "Young Love" performance, sounds good?

Sungjae: Yea that seems like a fitting ending for us... We've always been a sweet and cute couple, so we should stay sweet and cute till the end

Joy: Yup I like it too~ "Bbyu's Last Concert"

Writer: Good, so you have to pick out the song you're gonna sing for your individual performance by friday, remember to send me the MR

Joy: Okay no problem!

Sungjae: Got it

Joy: So oppa, what song will you sing?

Sungjae: I already have an idea, but I think I'll keep it a secret~ You'll find out on the day

 

After the meeting, Sungjae and Joy both left for their next schedule with their managers. That night, Sungjae was sitting on his bed, staring out the window. He took a deep sigh and picked up his phone to scroll through his camera roll, it used to all be photos of himself, but now it is filled with photos of Joy and their couple selfies. He looked back at the last year they've spent together, and realized how much he has grown. He used to be a little kid, but being with Joy helped him become mature, while still retaining his childlike innocence. They brought out the best in each other, making each other better. Sungjae stared long and hard at Joy's smile on his phone, after a deep breath, he decided to video call Joy.

 

Joy: *Waves happily at the camera* Oppa!! What's up?

Sungjae: Sooyoung-ah, are you busy right now? Are you back at your dorm already?

Joy: Yup, I just got back

Sungjae: Do you wanna come out for a drink or something?

Joy: *Eyes light up* Soju?

Sungjae: Haha look at how your face lights up whenever someone mentions alcohol, so how about it?

Joy: Well, that sounds really great, but I've got early schedules tomorrow so alcohol probably isn't such a good idea, don't wanna risk oversleeping and getting a hangover, how about we just meet up at the Han Gang park?

Sungjae: Alright, juice it is then~ See you there in 30 minutes!

Joy: The same park bench right?

Sungjae: Yup~

 

As soon as the call ended, Sungjae hurriedly took off his pajamas and dug out a better outfit. He fixed his hair with hair gel, grabs his keys and headed out the door.

 

Sungjae: *Shouting as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter