The Wedding Parade

Right Time At The Right Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Early one morning, Sungjae arrived at the newlywed house for filming. Soon after, Joy also arrived, instantly putting a smile on Sungjae’s face. 

 

Joy: Morning oppa!!

Sungjae: Morning Sooyoung-ah~ You’re looking so pretty today

Joy: *Smiles and blushes* Tskk you’re just saying that...

Sungjae: No really!!

Joy: Well, I mean, we’re finally having our wedding ceremony today...

Sungjae: I know... I’m so nervous!!! Where do you think we’ll have it? The PD won’t tell me anything about it...

Joy: Hmm, I don’t know, but according to the picture we draw, it should either be at an amusement park or at the beach...

Sungjae: Oh yea!! All I know is the hyungs are going too, but they don’t know where either

Joy: My members are going too, wow, it’s gonna be crazy today

Sungjae: Urgh yea, it was crazy enough meeting one group, now both groups are meeting at once... This is gonna be a long day...

PD: Places!!! We’re about to start rolling the cameras!!!

 

They started filming for the show as they tried on their clothes, bought wedding rings and went to the makeup parlor. Joy was still getting her hair and make up done while Sungjae was already all done. Exhausted from all his schedules, Sungjae began dozing off to sleep. Joy chuckled at the sight of Sungjae falling asleep with his head barely hanging from his neck. 

 

Oppa must be really tired!! He’s so adorable though, he looks like a baby sleeping peacefully~ I should support oppa more, but how...? Should I send a coffee truck to his drama filming location? Would that be too high profile...? What’s something low key that I can do to cheer him up... Oooh~ Maybe I should send a fruit basket to his dorm!!!

 

As ideas roamed her mind while she continued to watch Sungjae sleep, she gestured a staff to come over quietly.

 

Joy: *Whispers softly* Unnie, can you go get a blanket and drape it over oppa’s shoulders? The aircon is kinda chilly here

 

After a 40 minute nap, Sungjae finally woke up. He rubbed his eyes as he slowly opened them. In front of his eyes was a blurred image of Joy looking down at him. He scrunched his eyes to see clearly that Joy has finished her hair and make up, put on her wedding dress, and was standing right above him. She looked absolutely breath taking, stunned by how gorgeous Joy looked, Sungjae was speechless for a few seconds. 

 

Sungjae: *Stutters* Uh... Yo... You’re d... done setting up...? 

Joy: *Smiles* Yup, I was just about to wake you up, what do you think oppa?

 

Sungjae couldn’t take his eyes off Joy.

 

Sungjae: Hmm...? Uhh, um... You look... Pre... Pretty... Really really pretty, so pretty... Um... You really look like a princess from those fairytales...

Joy: *Blushes* Really? That’s great~ I’m very happy with it too~

 

Still half asleep, Sungjae stumbled a bit as he got up from his chair. Joy giggled at how cute Sungjae was being.

 

Joy: *Excitedly* Come on oppa~ Let’s go get married!! *Grabs Sungjae’s arm*

 

They left the makeup parlor and finally met up with their members on the bus heading towards the amusement park. On the bus, the two groups began getting to know each other as they played games together and took care of each other. Sungjae quietly watched Joy who was totally immersed into the games, revealing her highly competitve spirit. Joy had been taking care of her image, but she is becoming more and more comfortable around Sungjae, and she also further loosened up with her members around. While Joy was embarrassed to let Sungjae see this side of her, he admired it a lot, if anything, it only made him fall for her more. Seeing Joy feeling embarrassed, Sungjae immediately joked around and teased Joy for it, letting her know that he loves seeing the real her. Its small moments like these, that continues to build up their bond, making them closer and closer to each other.

 

After a long bus ride, they finally arrived at the amusement park. Being gentlemen, the BTOB members escorted the Red Velvet members off the bus. Joy in paticular is wearing a long dress, so Sungjae helped pull up her dress as she got off the bus. Each of the members stayed close to their group mates, leaving Sungjae and Joy walking together alone. Joy held Sungjae's arm as they walked despite the members' endless teasing. Soon they arrived the staff area, getting ready for the parade. Sungjae began sweating as he grew more and more nervous. Even though it was just for the show, the thought of marrying Joy made him very nervous. Joy wiped off his sweat and guided him to enjoy the parade. Sungjae was smiling, dancing and waving to the audience, but inside, he was a nervous wreck. His heart was pounding and his mind was spinning. All he could think of was how he was supposed to propose.

 

Come on Yook Sungjae, man up!! You can do this!! Don't back out like a coward this time, you gotta do this!! Sooyoung was bold last time and even kissed you on the cheek, so the least you can do this time is propose!!! But there are so many people watching... I can't do this, arghhh I'm going crazy!!!! Phew ok no, I can do this, I have to...

 

As they arrived at the performance spot, the parade car came to a stop. The audience's cheering became louder. The atmosphere of the wedding parade was at its peak. This is it. It's now or never.

Sungjae took a deep breath and went over to Joy's side, who was dancing and waving towards the fans like a princess.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter