Recharge

Right Time At The Right Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later, Sungjae and Joy started filming for another episode by performing their drivers test. Sungjae was so happy to see Joy even though he was very tired. His smile was so wide that even his eyes were smiling as soon as he saw her. Joy was too smiling happily as soon as she saw Sungjae. She excitedly ran towards him like a little kid. She flung herself onto him as she greeted him. Feeling playful, Sungjae grunted as Joy jumped onto him, pretending like Joy is too heavy for him.

 

Joy: Yah!!! Oppa!!!

 

Joy slapped Sungjae playfully on the arm. 

 

Sungjae: I'm kidding, I'm just kidding~ You're light as a feather

Joy: Liarrr

Sungjae: I'm telling the truth!! I can easily lift you up!! Don't you know how strong I am??

Joy: All I know is you grunt everytime you have to carry me!!

Sungjae: That's just because I wanna see you get angry~ I can totally carry you easily, let me show you, come here!!

Joy: No way, forget itttt

 

Joy ran away as Sungjae chased after her.

 

Joy: You'll never catch me!!

Sungjae: Hahaha, you don't possibly think you can really run faster than me right??

 

After a quick chase full of laughter, Sungjae caught her from the back, holding her tightly in his arms. Suddenly, they realized how close they were physically. As realization hit them, they immediately jumped away, standing a mile apart from each other. Awkwardly, they went to get ready for filming. 

The day started with the two of them taking their driver's test. Both of them were incredibly nervous, but they managed to do a good job and passed the test. Then Joy started pouting as they were leaving, because she now had schedules for Red Velvet to attend. She was sad that she only got to see Sungjae for such a short time after so long, but she already had to leave again. Sungjae adored how adorably Joy was acting.

Taking advice from his hyungs, he decided to be himself even on the show and show his true feelings for Joy. It upsets him to hear people say Joy is the only one who likes him. He doesn't want Joy to think she's the only one who likes him, for the show or not, he wanted to let Joy know that he also likes her. He no longer has to hide how he feels and he doesn't have to be cautious around her anymore. His feelings could be clearly shown through his gaze towards Joy. He never used to let himself stare at her like that, but now, he decided to let it free, and let his feelings free.

Snapping back to reality, Sungjae poked at Joy's puffy cheeks.

 

Sungjae: Pabo-ah, you're Red Velvet, of course you have to go do your Red Velvet activities

Joy: But I don't wanna say goodbye already...

Sungjae: Then don't!!

Joy: What...?

Sungjae: You don't have to, not if I come with you~

Joy: You'll come with me??

Sungjae: Yea, if you want me to

Joy: Is that gonna be okay...??

Sungjae: Why not? Can't a husband follow his wife to work??

Joy: But don't you have any schedules though?

Sungjae: Nope, I finally get a day off today

 

As they moved towards the next location, the director yelled cut and the camera stopped. The crew all moved their equipment onto the truck and headed towards the next location. Sungjae sat on Red Velvet's van alongside Joy.

 

Joy: But you must be really tired oppa, you've been going back and forth between BTOB activities and drama filming for the last two weeks!! 

Sungjae: Yea... I'm so so tired...

Joy: Even though you finally get a day off today you still gotta work and do filming for our show... It's a shame but I think we should just end early today so you can go home and rest oppa, you don't have to come with me

Sungjae: But I want t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter