Alone Together

Right Time At The Right Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late at night. Joy was sick, so she was left alone in the house while the rest of the members are out for their activities. Despite a day of rest, Joy still wasn't feeling much better, her body was so weak she could barely drag herself to the door after hearing the door bell ring. She was so dizzy that she needed to lean on the wall to balance. She stumbled towards the door and opened it to find Sungjae at the door.

 

Joy: *Weakly* O... Oppa...?

 

Thinking it's just her imagination, Joy shook her head and rubbed her eyes. Failing to catch her balance, Joy's legs gave away as she started to fall. Sungjae immediately swooped in to catch her, and held her in his arms.

 

Sungjae: Sooyung-ah... Ya, are you okay?? Park Sooyoung!

 

Wha... What's happening...? Oppa... What is he doing here...? Am I dreaming...? This must be a dream... I'm so tired... But, it sure is a nice dream... I'm even dreaming of oppa now.... I must be going crazy...

 

Joy faded away from her thoughts and fell asleep in Sungjae's arms.

 

Sungjae: Yah Sooyoung-ah...! How could you not tell me even when you were this sick...?? 

 

Getting no response from Joy, Sungjae carried her back into her room and placed her on her bed. He tucked her in warmly under the blanket and the fan to make sure the room wasn't too hot. He felt her forehead and her rosy cheeks.

 

Sungjae: It feels a little warm, she must be down with a fever... Aish this girl, how did she get this sick... She must've been overworking herself a lot

 

Sungjae wiped the sweat off Joy's forehead and placed a cold towel over it. He pulled up a chair and sat next to her. Joy whined and mumbled weakly in her sleep, so Sungjae held Joy's hand in his and gently caressed her hand hoping to ease her pain. After a while, Joy woke up to see Sungjae sitting beside her bed, asleep, with her hand in his. As her drowsiness wore off, Joy realized what was happening. Sungjae also woke up when he felt Joy move. Joy was trying to sit up on her bed, so Sungjae immeditely helped her up. 

 

Sungjae: You're awake? How are you feeling Sooyoung-ah?

Joy: Oppa... How... Why... That wasn't a dream...? You're really here...?? Why did oppa come...?

Sungjae: Pabo-ya, that wasn't a dream, you were just so weak that you can't even tell if it was a dream or if it was real, and what? Why did I come?? It's a good thing I did!!! Look at how sick you were, how could you not call me when you were this sick??

Joy: Well, I... I mean, I'm fine, I managed, it wasn't that bad anyways, I just needed some rest... Plus, weren't you supposed to goto your drama wrap up party tonight...? 

Sungjae: I did go, but I was so worried I couldn't even focus on the party, so I left early to come over... Do you know how worried I was?? You almost collapsed on your doorstep, how can you call that okay? You have a fever and there wasn't even anyone around to take care of you!!

Joy: But I'm fine oppa!! Why are you shouting...

 

 

There was a moment for silenc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter