Twenty Two – A Disastrous Blind Date

Rewrite The Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Two – A Disastrous Blind Date

Song – iKON - My Type (취향저격)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Not long after the last day I encounter Ji Eun, things are getting at peace for a while. I don’t see Ji Eun and the weird thing is even when I meet Jungkook, he doesn’t say a thing to me; not even greeting. I know that I’m the one who should greets him first but seeing that we can actually ignore each other like this might be the best solution for both of us. Even though, seeing Jungkook ignore me actually kind of hurt me a little bit. But whatever~

30 March 2003 (Sunday) - Zapangi Café, Mapo-gu, Seoul

I get into the café and realize that everyone is already there, except Jungkook is not here.

“Jungkook sunbae is still not here?” I ask Kwangsoo as he is the nearest person of me.

“Oh, I think you are safe now Lisa because Jungkook said he will leave this group. And he told us if we want some help from him, we can straightly meet him personally.” Kwangsoo answered me with his smile.

I’m glad that he actually leaving this group with his own will. I don’t want to push him out and I don’t want to draw out from this group. So, this is the best method to keep peace for me and him.

I don’t know why but I kind of feel empty since Jungkook is not here today. Maybe he is one of the familiar face in this group. But whatever~ I should just need to appreciate others and tried to get close with them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

31 March 2003 (Monday) - Department of Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design

The class is already over but I don’t want to leave the classroom yet. I saw Ji Eun in the class. She looks so happy lately; maybe after she knows that Jungkook is no longer talk to me and he even leave my study group. She is really a snake.

“Lisa~” Jennie comes to me out of blue.  

“What is it YG Princess?” I ask her.

YG is actually her father’s company that is not really popular now, but soon her dad’s company will be super famous and successful in the future. But that is not the issue now~

“Lisa, I got a surprise for you!”

 “What?”

“I’m already find you a date tonight.”

“Huh? You should cancel it.”

“No, it will be wasting all of my efforts if I cancel it.”

“So, what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to go there. I know that you are lonely now that Jungkook oppa is actually dated with Ji Eun”

Wait! First, I am not lonely and second Jungkook is dating with Ji Eun? What a plot twist? Ji Eun makes my life miserable but at the end of the day she stills manages to date him! She is so dramatic!

“So, do you want to go?”

“No”

“Please Lisa.”

“I am not lonely. I have boyfriend”

“Seriously, who?”

“Why should I tell you?”

“Oh I know you just lie to me because you don’t me to tease you again right?”

I just keep in silent knowing that I can’t just pick name randomly.

“Oh~ I see. Oh Lisa, tell your boyfriend that you have to go to this blind date just for a while.”

“You should find yourself a date, why you look for me? You are still single after all.”

“You know that I like being a cupid, right? I don’t like to date anyone.”

“Me too. So stop doing charity for me.”

“Please Lisa. Just meet him tonight and if you don’t like him, so leave him. Please~”

"Noooo~"

"Ok, lets make a deal. if you meet him tonight, I will help you with the competition. I will support you. Ask me for anything and I will help you!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! I promise you!"

Jennie is actually a very nice friend. She helps me out when she sees me kind of ‘sad’ but the truth is I don’t think date anyone right now is good for me. But I will do it anyway because this is what Jennie already set up for me. After all, she even promise to help me with the competition.

“Ok” I answer her hopelessly.

“Yes! I will text you the detail. Put on something beautiful tonight~!”

I sigh. What is it again with blind date? I hope I will not meet any guy like Taehyung.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Acorn Gun Mushrooms Lamb Restaurant (Later that night around 7pm)

I can’t believe I’m actually agreed with Jennie to have a date with someone that I don’t even know and I don’t even bother asks Jennie anything about this person. This is so not me.  Jennie even lets me wear her dress for today. I think everything here is so unbelievable. From what I wear to the place I am going to go, everything is seems to too perfect that I am so worried that I might ruined it.

“You have reservation here?” The waiter asks me either I make reservation or not. I don’t really know. I guess yes~ Jennie already handle all of this right?

“Ye…Ye~” I statured as I answer. I feel so weird today. 

“Your name?”

“I’m here under reservation Kim Jennie.”

“Oh, you’re Kim Jennie’s friend. Let me serve you miss.”

“Thanks”

He walks me to the table that already occupied with someone. He must be my date for today.

“Hello.” I greet him first. He looks at me and form a smile back to me.

“Hello. You must be Lalisa right?” He offers me a handshake. I reach his hand and receive his handshake.

“I’m sorry that I forget to ask Jennie. But….what is your name?” I feel so silly that I don’t even ask Jennie about the small detail like name and how he looks like. But considering what I have seen from his look; he is actually has a very good looking face and nice body figure.

“My name is Kim Hanbin. I’m a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter