Thirty One - My Youth is Yours

Rewrite The Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty-One - My Youth is Yours

Song - WINNER - 'LOVE ME LOVE ME'

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After we finished our lunch, Jungkook and I walk side by side to our faculty building. When I am with Jungkook, I’ll automatically forget about Taehyung. As we walk, suddenly Jungkook stops for a while. I stop too and look at him in confusion.

“What is wrong, sunbae?” I ask him as I feel concerned about his sudden action. Has he left something at the convenience store?

“Lisa, are you free this weekend?”

Wait! Is he just asking me for a date? Ehhh~ He just asked me if I’m free or not. Let’s not jump to any conclusion too fast, Lisa.

“I’m not sure. I have to finish my design for the competition. Why?”

“Oh, I see that you’re busy for a while. It’s okay. It’s not anything important. Let’s get to class. See you later.” He looks a little bit nervous as he said that. Is he just give up? This is not fun at all.

“See you soon, sunbae~” I bow to him as a sign of respect.

I look at my watch and realize I get only 5 minutes left before my next class will be started. I run to class as soon as possible.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

19 April (Saturday) – Girl Dormitory

I put on the simplest outfit I have in my closet for today. I have to go to studio and continue with my project. It is half way done. I need more detail for my sewing and touch up here and there. I spent my whole weekdays at the studio to finish my work and I feel so freaking tired right now.

I just want to finish all my unfinished work so that I can get a better rest afterward. I was a little bit forward from my own schedule. I’m so proud of myself, but I know I can’t consider my work done until the competition is over.

As I was about to leave the room, Jisoo is stopping me and there she goes again with her pity face trying to beg me for something. I don’t know what is inside her mind but I know she wants to do something that involves me in her plan.

‘Lisa, my honey bunny~”

“What?” I tried to sound cold.

“I know that you’re a little bit busy this week and I know you are going to leave me again today, and I feel so lonely these days, you know~”

Wait! Jisoo feels lonely without me? I guess it is my fault that I always abandon her alone almost every day this week. I guess I forget how to appreciate a best friend like Jisoo after all those 15 years both of us are being apart.

“I’m sorry. I don’t want to abandon you all alone, but you know~ with the upcoming competition that has become so close~ I just….Geez~ Okay, what are we going to do today?”

I just give up on saying more excuses. I don’t want to ruin this moment with Jisoo just because of this competition. I should know what is more important that I need to secure from my past. Wait! Is it why I still stuck in the past and not be able to get back to my future yet? Because I still being stupid not knowing which part of my life that I should take care of and cherish most?

“Lisa~ I just want to go by the beach and take some fresh air there~”

“Beach?”

I forget when is the last time I go to the beach? I used to love the beach when I was still Taehyung’s wife and when he left me I never go to the beach anymore, then I spent whole my life serving his family that I forget the thing I love the most.

“You want to go with me? Pretty please~ Things will not be fun without you, Lisa~”

“Call~” without thinking too much I just say yes to Jisoo with hope today will be a moment that I can cherish with Jisoo, my best friend.

“Call? Yeayyy! Let's go!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jisoo and I get to where a minivan is waiting for us. I thought this trip going to be between me and Jisoo only but why everyone is here? Chaeyoung, Jimin, Taehyung, and Yoongi? A person that I hate the most is here and why should I join this trip if Taehyung is here?

I think I have enough of being around Taehyung, and I don’t want to be around him again. Jisoo~~~ why you do this to me? I grab Jisoo’s hand and whisper my thought to her.

“Ya! What are you doing? I don’t want to have a trip with these guys!”

I almost feel like yelling right now considering how much I hate being around Taehyung right now.

“Come on Lisa. Please just once, arasoo. Jimin called me last night saying that he really wants to have a short trip with us.”

“Since when you’re close with Jimin?”

“Ah~ it just happens.”

“No! I don’t want to go if Taehyung is there. I feel so uncomfortable around him, you know~”

“Lisa~ please just once~~”

Maybe I can just go on this trip and just avoid making any conversation with him. Okay, I’ll do this but I do this because I want to be with Jisoo!

I get into the minivan and take a seat in the backseat alone, meanwhile, Jisoo, Chaeyoung, and Jimin are sitting in the middle seat, and Taehyung is the driver and Yoongi sits next to the driver seat. I take a deep breath. I should just enjoy this moment.

“Lisa, don’t be so quiet. Let’s have some fun. It’ll be a great memory in the future. We won’t ever get a chance to leave spontaneously.” Jimin tried so hard to make me enjoy this trip.

“It is hard to have Lisa to take time off from her project. I feel sorry actually.” Jisoo looks so sad while she said that. Jisoo is the master to make me feel guilty.

“She’s right. But it's fine and I think it’s going to be fun. After all, I can use this moment to relieve my stress.” I form a fake smile to Jimin – just to make sure he knows that I will be pretending to enjoy this moment.

After 2 hours of driving – well I just sitting and waiting, I think I can see the sight of the sea. It is so beautiful and blue and it makes me really want to cry. I miss all this.

“We’ll arrive at the destination soon!!~” Taehyung said that and make it sound like an airplane announcement.

“Let’s scream together!” Jimin asks us to scream along with him. I really forget how crazy this guy is. 

“AHHHHHHHHH YEAYYYY!” Chaeyoung, Jisoo, and Jimin scream along the way to the beach. I feel so jealous of their passion and spirits. I mean it is good to be young where we all can be so hype about those little things. I just really forget about how to enjoy these little meanings like this.

As Taehyung parks the minivan, we quickly leave the van and run to the beach like there are zombies running after us. It is so exciting to see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter