Twenty Five - I'm Awake

Rewrite The Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Five - I'm Awake

Song Kim Hanbin - Take Care (잘있어)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Lisa! Wake up. How can you sleep whenever you want?” I open my eyes and sees my mom in front of me. I roam my body with my hands and I realize something.

“Mom, I’m fat again.” Mom looks at me and looks disappointed.

“You don’t come home for 15 years and now I can obviously see that you’re gaining weight. What’s the surprise?”

Mom takes my hands and walks me because I don’t think I can believe where I am right now.

“Mom, what date is today?”

“Does divorced make you amnesia? Today is 15 August.”

“What year?”

“I think you’re really idiot Lisa. It is 2018!”

Oh my God! I come back to the future? No! I don’t want to come back here yet.

“Mom! Please slap me in the face.”

“My daughter is crazy. Yes. I really should hits you, punch you and kick you after what you done! You don’t visit me for 15 years and now you’re back after your husband cheating on you. What an ungrateful daughter you are!”

Mom hits my back several times. But, I don’t feel hurt at all.

“Mom, hit me again.”

She really hits me hard this time, but I really don’t feel hurt. What happens to me? Keep traveling from future to past and past to future make my sense of touch is gone? So, am I not able to experiencing hurt anymore?

Or am I dreaming right now? Last night, Ji Eun eonnie comes to my room and she stabbed me at my abdomen and my shoulder and I collapsed right after that. I think I’m dreaming right now.

“Mom, I will go for a while and I will back to you soon. Please forgive me this time.”

I close my eyes and suddenly I can sense pain all over my body. Arghhh my shoulder. I try to make a move but the more I move, the more painful it is.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to the pungent smell of hospital disinfect, invading my nostrils. The room was silent apart from my heavy breathing and the beep beep sound from the heartbeat machine that indicates I am still alive.

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me. I glanced around and took in the deserted, blue and white color schemed hospital bedroom. How long have I been here? I shut my eyes, trying to remember what had exactly happened. Then it all hits me with a bang. The memory of it all starts to occupy my thoughts.

Ji Eun, that girl tried to kill me. Where is she now? I take a sit but it is hella hurt. I take a look at the person who sits next to me – a person who will sleep wherever she was and always nag me; Jisoo and I also see Chaeyoung is take a sleep on the sofa near the window across my bed.  

I move Jisoo a bit and I want her to know that I am still alive. She is a little bit shock and quickly get up.

“Lisa, you’re up!”

“Yes. I am.” I smile to her even though only God knows how hurt I am right now. I think the Anesthesia is no longer work on me.

“I will call the doctor.”

“Wait…” I call out, grabbing her arm and turning her to face me. “Call the doctor later. I want to talk.”

“Ya! Lisa! Do you know how much I cry this past days when you’re half dead on this bed? Why you’re so stupid?”

Jisoo is crying for me? Why? I look at her eyes. Jisoo was sitting silently motionless on that chair, there are dark circles around her pretty eyes. I touch her check with the tips of my finger. I can’t believe Jisoo is really care about me. It has been a long time I can feel this pure love from someone.

“Ya! Lisa! What are you doing?!” She pushes off my hand and laughs a little bit and continues to nag on me. “Being stab make you lose your mind or what?”

“Jisoo, where am I?” I just want to make sure I am really at the past and not being that ahjumma yet.

“Okay crackhead, you are at the hospital, being half dead on the bed for two days and today you just wake up and already make me feel so annoyed.”

“Lisa is awake.” Chaeyoung is just wake up from her beauty sleep. Oh ya. She really is a heavy sleeper.

“Good morning, Rose” Me and Jisoo greet Chaeyoung at the same time. Well, we still get the sync after all.

Chaeyoung quickly leave the sofa and run to me. She hugs me and I think she just accidently touch the wound on my shoulder.

“Ahhhhh, Chaeyoung! It hurts” I scream out loud thinking how deep might this cut is.

“Oh sorry Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter