Six - I Want to Live My Life to the Fullest

Rewrite The Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six – I Want to Live My Life to the Fullest

Song – T-Max – Paradise

_____________________________________________________________________________________

March 2003 (The new Lisa) – Near Female Dormitory

I was about to get back to the female dorm when suddenly I found a cigarette on the floor. I think someone must have dropped it before. I should give it to Bambam. He must be so happy.

I took a glance on my watch – it is already 10pm. I am really tired today after dealing with so many things. This is my first day I come back to the past, but I think I already change a few things in my life.

I saw someone suspicious walk pass the building. Who is that? I saw that person was talking on the phone. I quickly squatting on the floor and eavesdrop the conversation of the suspicious person.

“Yes, okay. Almost done here. Did you have dinner?”

“Don’t skip meals. You shouldn’t do that, Heejin.” 

I take a better look at that person – he puts on a simple outfit yet everything on him looks branded. Hey I should look at his face not his outfit. Eh! This is Jungkook. Oh my God. Wait he doesn’t see me right? He talks to someone name Heejin. Is he already has a girlfriend? If he has a girlfriend, why he asks me for a date before? What a player. Of course, he can’t be single with that face.

“There are many people here. Nothing special.”

I shouldn’t eavesdrop. I should go.

“Well, some people here are pathetic.”

What? What was that? What? Why is he saying something like that? Am I overreacting?

“Alright. I’ll talk to you later.” He leaves.

I get up. Boys are always the same. They never appreciate what they have and still trying to look for something else. I thought Jungkook is different, but he just likes the other guys. I was feeling sorry for rejecting him in my past life, but I am not regret now. He is a bad news to my new life. I should not involve with him too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The next day – 18 March 2003 - Department of Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design, Seoul National University

“Hey Lisa. Good morning. Are you had fun yesterday? Do you meet you soul mate?” Bambam rushes me with so many questions as soon he finds me.

“I had fun yesterday. I reject a guy so harsh and I am so happy.”

“Wow. You’re so cold-hearted. It’s okay. If you really can’t find you soul mate, I can be yours.”

“Stop being nonsense. Hey Bambam. I found a cigarette for you yesterday.” I take the cigarette that I found yesterday from my bag and pass it to Bambam. He looks happy.

“Hahaha Lisa. You’ve only found one? It’s okay. I’m happy that you find this one for me. I will keep this with me for the rest of my life.”

“Hahaha, enough Bambam. I will not gonna fall for you with that lame flirty joke.”

We both have the same class this morning – Clothing Construction Basics class lectured by Professor Kim Byung Ju. People say that he is the nicest lecturer for this subject. We get into the class and start the lecture like how I used to remember. I really like this class. This is just like a basic class on how to cut fabric and other aspects of construction to create a piece of clothing.

“Find your partner because today I want you to create a very simple piece of dress. You don’t have to worry. I just want to see how you cut this fabric and turn it into a simple dress. I will not judge on your sewing skill yet, I just want to see on your cutting skill. Are you understand, students?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Good. Now find your partner.”

I look around me. I have to find a very good partner who knows how to cut fabric because I really forget how to do all this.

“Bambam, I’m with you.” I only can think of Bambam at this moment.

“Lisa….I really want to be your partner. But I just promise Jackson to be his partner for today. Sorry.”

“Ah, it’s fine.”

Sh*t. I really don’t know anyone else here.

“Lisa…can I be your partner?” I turn my back and see someone who I really can’t remember her name.

“Of course. Your name is?” I feel sorry for asking her name at this moment. But I really don’t know her name.  

“Hey, you don’t remember me? It’s me Jessi.”

“Hahahaha. I drink so much last night. I lose some of my memories.” I can’t believe I lie at her like this.

“I see. Hahahaha. Yo, what kind of cut we should do?”

“Hey, look at the fabric. This is a patterned fabric right? We should use the fussy cut technique.”

“Oh you’re right. You’re so good Lisa.”

“No. I’m not.”

I don’t know why. The last time I cut a fabric is 15 years ago, but I still got the technique. I roughly cut around the motif that I want to isolate, leaving plenty of extra room.

Next, I trim the motif to size, making sure to leave a small seam allowance. Then, I place the motif on the fabric. I use a spray adhesive to keep the appliqué in place before Jessi starts sewing. She stitches around the appliqué using a satin stitch. We both look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter