My last day with you

Melt The Ice Prince Away

"Let's go to Little India first then to Chinatown."

"Sure."

"Hey, Dongmin. I'm just curious."

"What?"

"How's your life in Korea? Well, you know, I'm always curious about a lot of things. So get used to me suddenly asking you things."

"Well, I live a normal life. I don't have a lot of friends and I don't go out a lot. I don't also talk a lot."

"Ah, you're totally the opposite of me. Complete opposite. I always go to the karaoke if I have time and I also like going out and hang out with my friends."

"This probably would be the only time I talk a lot. You see, since I don't have many friends so I don't talk a lot and I also like being alone. I'm comfortable that way."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"I didn't know that you were comfortable that way. I even bothered you for coming with me today."

"No, it's okay. I told you yesterday, it's fine to come here with you."

 

Knowing that side of Dongmin, I unconciously enjoyed the scenery quietly, avoiding to annoy him or what. I didn't know that there are really people who likes to be alone. After Little India, we went to Chinatown then to Bugis.

 

"I'm sorry Dongmin but I think I might take a long time here in Bugis since I'm going to look for souvenirs for my friends and family."

"Nah, it's okay. I also don't have anything else to do today anyway."

"Ok, if you say so. I'll make it quick then."

 

---

 

"Ok, so these are for my parents. For my aunts and cousins, then this is for Min. Now, I just need to look for a gift for Seokie oppa. Dongmin, what do you think would be a perfect gift for a guy? Since you're a guy, I need your opinion."

"For your boyfriend?"

"Ahm, yes."

"I'm not sure because I never had a girlfriend. What about this couple bracelet?"

"Yes, miss, take a look here. These are a distance couple bracelet."

"Distance couple bracelet?"

"Yes, miss, this white bracelet with one black bead is for the girl then the black bracelet with one white bead is for the boy. If you give this to your other half, it means that wherever you are, you will always find each other and will never be apart."

"Ok, I'll take one."

"Since you're my first customer, I'll just give it to you for $15."

"Can I take 2 sets? I'll give the other set for my friend."

 

"Dongmin, here! My gift for you."

"Why are you giving me that couple bracelet? Isn't that for your boyfriend?"

"Silly you! I bought another set. If ever you find your other half, you can give this to her."

"I don't believe in those kind of stories."

"Even if you believe on it or not, just take this. It's my gift for you for being with me for three days."

"Ok, thank you. Give me those bags, I'll carry it for you."

"Ah, these? No, it's okay. They're not heavy anyway."

 

He suddenly took the bags I was carrying and walked towards the bus stop. He didn't let go of bags until we reach infront of our rooms.

 

"Rin, here you go."

"Thank you for carrying these for me."

"Rin, I actually have a request."

"What is it?"

"Please don't ever look for me."

"Huh?"

"When we go back to Korea, let's pretend these didn't happened."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's pretend that these never happened. That we met and we spent days together. Forget also my story. If ever you see me in Korea and if ever I see you, I'll pretend that I don't know you."

 

Then he went inside his room. I was left there in shock. Shocked that he requested something like that. Did I do something that will make him angry? Didn't we had fun? For sure the smiles I saw from him were true and pure. But why all of a sudden he wants me to forget all of these? I have so many questions to ask him but I can't. Is it because of the bracelet? I gave it to him as a gift. If I did offend him, it was just a bracelet. Childish of him to be offended just because of a bracelet. Ok, if he wants me to act like that, ok, I'll act like these never happened and that I met him.

 

It was 6am when I woke up. I barely slept after what happened last night. I can't believe that I'm going back to Korea today. Time really does fly so fast.

 

/katalk/

 

"Oh! It's Seokie oppa."

 

"Hey Rin, I'm sorry I couldn't answer your calls and messages. I recently had a part time job and I was so busy. I'm going to pick you up at the airport at 7:30pm. See you! Have a safe flight."

"Ok Seokie oppa. I thought something bad happened to you. See you soon! I miss you!"

 

"I should packup now since my flight is 1pm. I need to leave here at least."

 

---

 

"Ok, everything is set. I didn't forgot anything. I need to go now so I don't miss my flight."

 

As I went out of my room, I can't help not to look at Dongmin's room. Even though you were a rude guy, thank you for the wonderful memories you gave me. Don't worry, I'll do what you requested last night.

 

It was 10am when I arrived at the airport. I immediately check in and went to the boarding gate.

 

"Gates will open at 12pm. But it's just 11am, oh well might upload the pictures on my facebook while waiting."

 

As I was scrolling my gallery, I saw the pictures of Bom and Dongmin and our selcas. It was really like a dream. It was a beautiful memory for me but Dongmin wants to forget everything. I really just can't think of a reason why he wants that. Yeah, he likes being alone but for him to ask me like these things never happened is a bit harsh. I won't upload them but I won't also delete them. If for him this is just nothing, it was something for me.

 

Luckily, there was no delay in our flight and we arrived exactly on time.

 

"Rin! Over here!"

"Seokie oppa! I miss you so much!"

"Me too! Give me a big hug! I miss you so much also!"

"Yah! I know you're busy but not to read my messages? I hate you."

"Hey, I'm sorry. I know you're tired from your flight. Come on, I'll take you home. Give me your luggage."

 

"Hey, isn't that...?"

"No, he couldn't be. Oppa said that he doesn't have a girlfriend."

 

What are those two girls mumbling about?

 

"Hey Rin, come on. I got us a taxi."

"Ok oppa!"

 

---

 

"Seokie oppa, don't leave, let's eat dinner first."

"Sorry Rin, I really need to go now. I also have something to tell you."

"But first, I have something to give you. Where is it? Where's the bracelet?"

"Rin, I... let's..."

"Wait, oppa. I can't seem to find it. Where is it?"

"Rin, let's break up."